WWF To Release Endangered Fish In Danube
The Bulgarian branch of WWF will release six endangered species of fish in the Danube.
The fish will be European bullhead, European bitterling, Sabanejewia aurata, Kessler's gudgeon, Danube gudgeon, Mediterranean Barbel and one kind of shellfish - Thick shelled river mussel.
The release of the fish is part of the four-year Free Fish project, which started in 2013.
The fish will be released in several Natura 2000 stretches of rivers in the Danube basin.
- » Thunderstorms, Hail Expected in Western Bulgaria on Monday
- » Bulgaria at risk of losing more money in EU-funded eco projects
- » Temperatures Sharply Go Down across Bulgaria on Friday
- » Wildfire Danger Extends to 16 Bulgarian Regions on Thursday
- » Heavy Rain, Thunderstorms to Hit Bulgaria on Thursday, Friday
- » Half of Bulgaria Under Highest Fire Danger Alert on Tuesday