WWF To Release Endangered Fish In Danube
The Bulgarian branch of WWF will release six endangered species of fish in the Danube.
The fish will be European bullhead, European bitterling, Sabanejewia aurata, Kessler's gudgeon, Danube gudgeon, Mediterranean Barbel and one kind of shellfish - Thick shelled river mussel.
The release of the fish is part of the four-year Free Fish project, which started in 2013.
The fish will be released in several Natura 2000 stretches of rivers in the Danube basin.
- » Code Yellow Alert Issued in Bulgaria over Heavy Downpours
- » Bulgaria Gives Green Light to Archaeological Research by Greek Ship Aegaeo
- » Sofia Boasts First Grass-Covered Tram Tracks
- » Code Orange Alert Issued for Bulgaria on Monday over Rain, Thunderstorms
- » Large Areas of Bulgaria at Risk of Wildifires on Sunday
- » Life as Seen through the Eyes of 2 Egyptian Vultures