WWF To Release Endangered Fish In Danube
The Bulgarian branch of WWF will release six endangered species of fish in the Danube.
The fish will be European bullhead, European bitterling, Sabanejewia aurata, Kessler's gudgeon, Danube gudgeon, Mediterranean Barbel and one kind of shellfish - Thick shelled river mussel.
The release of the fish is part of the four-year Free Fish project, which started in 2013.
The fish will be released in several Natura 2000 stretches of rivers in the Danube basin.
- » Bulgarian Environment Ministry Warns of Possible Flash Floods
- » 6 Bulgarian Districts under Code Orange Weather Alert over Heavy Rains
- » Sofia Mayor Orders Constant Monitoring of Waterbodies Over Heavy Rainfalls
- » 4 Bulgarian Districts under Code Orange Alert due to Heavy Rains
- » Berkovitsa Dam Overflowing since Monday, No Risk for People – Mayor
- » Environment Ministry Warns Of New Torrential Rains