WWF To Release Endangered Fish In Danube
The Bulgarian branch of WWF will release six endangered species of fish in the Danube.
The fish will be European bullhead, European bitterling, Sabanejewia aurata, Kessler's gudgeon, Danube gudgeon, Mediterranean Barbel and one kind of shellfish - Thick shelled river mussel.
The release of the fish is part of the four-year Free Fish project, which started in 2013.
The fish will be released in several Natura 2000 stretches of rivers in the Danube basin.
- » Bulgarian Oak Ranks High in European Tree of Year Contest
- » Bulgaria May Lose Funding Under Two Eco Projects
- » Free Public Transport Options to Be Discussed in Days - Sofia Mayor
- » Bulgaria among World's Most Toxic Countries - Study
- » Bulgaria Braces for New Cold Snap on Tuesday
- » Air Pollution Kills More Than 18 100 in Bulgaria Every Year