Bulgaria, US to Cooperate on Preventing Terrorism
The Council of Ministers has approved a draft intergovernmental agreement between Bulgaria and US on exchanging information on targeted terrorism surveillance.
The document creates a legal framework for bilateral exchange of information with a view to preventing terrorism.
The signing of the agreement is part of the preparations for Bulgaria's inclusion in the US Visa Waiver Program (VWP).
The exchange of information between the competent authorities of the two countries will take place in line with the provisions of the agreement and in line with national legislation of the two countries.
- » Bulgaria's Main Ruling Party to Name Presidential Pair on Oct 2
- » Bulgaria Demands Deployment of 300 Frontex Staff
- » Maverick Socialist Enters Bulgarian Presidential Race
- » Bulgaria's GERB to Keep Silent on Presidential Candidate by September 20
- » Nationalist Presidential Candidate Calls for Tougher Approach to Turkey, EU
- » Bulgarian Socialist Presidential Candidate Hits Campaign Trail