Bulgarian Nationalist Leader Officially Charged with Hooliganism
Volen Siderov, leader of Bulgarian nationalist party Ataka, has been charged with hooliganism and inflicting light bodily harm on a police officer.
Siderov spent around an hour at the Sofia City Investigative Service, where he was imposed a remand measure of signed promise for appearance.
Siderov's charges refer to the incident in end-January on a Sofia-Varna flight. Siderov verbally assaulted the French Cultural attach?, engaged in a fight with a passenger and allegedly hit a police officer.
The leader of Ataka told journalists that he rejected all accusations and complained of an information leak from the prosecuting authority or the investigative service.
Siderov insisted that he had not been properly summoned to appear at the Sofia City Investigative Service and informed that he was going to testify after his travel fellows, four Ataka MPs, who had been around him at the time of the scandal, were examined on Friday.
He described the pre-trial proceedings as weird, stressing that he had given up his immunity from prosecution on January 22 and he had not been handed a summons yet.
Ataka's leader also drew attention to the fact that the testimony of the air hostess had leaked, possibly from the prosecuting authority or the investigative unit.
- » Every 3 Months, Parliament To Invite the Prosecutor-General To The Legal Affairs Committee
- » The Prosecutor's Office Investigates NEC's Consultancy And Legal Services Contracts
- » 3.5 km Queue of Trucks at Bulgaria’s Dunav Bridge 2 Border Checkpoint
- » Boyko Borisov: Opposition’s Statement That It Would Provide Assistance on Important Topics is Populism
- » Kornelia Ninova:'’We Are Worried About the Demographic Crisis and Poverty in Bulgaria’’
- » Kornelia Ninova: ‘BSP Will Not Split Because of Georgi Gergov’s Resignation’
Don't worry Bolen at the end you get a medal for defending Bulgaria against foreigners and a recommendation for uncovering fearlessly Police brutality! Unfortunately no one sees your genius at twisting truth and lies into an unbecoming cocktail. But as long as Stanichev and Mestan have your back, you may enrich our life with your wisdom.
"give the guy a break."
He will have his break. The question is where: in a straight jacket or behind prison bars. I hope for the latter. And hey, Bolene, when you have a shower with your jail buddies and the soap is falling down, be careful when you bend over to get it back...