Bulgaria Nationalist MP Siderov Faces Hooliganism, Bodily Harm Charges
Bulgaria's prosecuting authority will press charges of hooliganism and light bodily harm against Volen Siderov, MP from nationalist party Ataka.
Siderov has been summoned to appear at 11 am on Wednesday at the Sofia City Investigation Service, according to reports of Sega daily.
In end-January, Siderov verbally assaulted a French cultural attach? during a Sofia-Varna flight and later got into a fight with a passenger and hit a police officer.
The press office of Ataka announced that Siderov would make a media statement in front of the Sofia City Investigation Service at 10.45 am.
Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor submitted a request to Parliament to strip Siderov of immunity from prosecution but the nationalist leader eventually gave up his immunity of his own free will.
- » Young Girl Found Dead in Elevator in Burgas
- » Man, 64, 'shot his 42-year-old wife in Sofia
- » Daughter of Tsvetan Vassilev Charged with Money Laundering
- » 1658 Liters of Illegal Alcohol was Detained on the Black Sea Coast
- » Macedonian Customs Officers Detained Bulgarian Car with 22kg Marijuana
- » A British Court Sentenced Bulgarian Heroin Trafficker to 14 Years in Prison