Bulgaria Nationalist MP Siderov Faces Hooliganism, Bodily Harm Charges
Bulgaria's prosecuting authority will press charges of hooliganism and light bodily harm against Volen Siderov, MP from nationalist party Ataka.
Siderov has been summoned to appear at 11 am on Wednesday at the Sofia City Investigation Service, according to reports of Sega daily.
In end-January, Siderov verbally assaulted a French cultural attach? during a Sofia-Varna flight and later got into a fight with a passenger and hit a police officer.
The press office of Ataka announced that Siderov would make a media statement in front of the Sofia City Investigation Service at 10.45 am.
Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor submitted a request to Parliament to strip Siderov of immunity from prosecution but the nationalist leader eventually gave up his immunity of his own free will.
- » Shooting at Bus in Sofia Breaks Windows, Nobody Hurt
- » Bulgaria's Ex-Spy Chief Faces New Embezzlement Charges
- » Bulgaria's DefMin Formally Indicted over Abuse of Office
- » Bulgaria Court to Decide on Removing Plovdiv Mayor
- » Five Bulgarian Customs Officers to Remain in Custody
- » Bulgaria's IntMin 'Has No Info' on Int'l People Smuggling Ring Busted by Turkey