Bulgaria Nationalist MP Siderov Faces Hooliganism, Bodily Harm Charges
Bulgaria's prosecuting authority will press charges of hooliganism and light bodily harm against Volen Siderov, MP from nationalist party Ataka.
Siderov has been summoned to appear at 11 am on Wednesday at the Sofia City Investigation Service, according to reports of Sega daily.
In end-January, Siderov verbally assaulted a French cultural attaché during a Sofia-Varna flight and later got into a fight with a passenger and hit a police officer.
The press office of Ataka announced that Siderov would make a media statement in front of the Sofia City Investigation Service at 10.45 am.
Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor submitted a request to Parliament to strip Siderov of immunity from prosecution but the nationalist leader eventually gave up his immunity of his own free will.
- » Oscar Pistorius Gets 5 Years In Jail For Killing His Girlfriend
- » Bulgarian Customs Apprehend 5 M Fake Russian Excise Labels
- » Bulgarian Court Rejects Kobliakov Extradition Request from Russia
- » Bulgaria Court to Sit on 'Putin Opponent' Extradition
- » Court Issues Life Sentence for Ghastly Murder in Sofia Park
- » Man Shot Dead Near Downtown Sofia