Bulgaria's Customs Officers Bust 11.5 Tonnes Contraband Tobacco
Bulgaria's Customs officers have seized 11.5 tonnes of contraband tobacco at the Bulgaria – Greece border checkpoint Kulata-Promachonas.
The tobacco was transported in a truck driven by a Greek national and having a Greek vehicle registration plate.
The excise duty of the illegal cut tobacco found inside the truck amounts to BGN 1.752M, the National Customs Office informs.
A pretrial proceeding has been initiated.
- » Police Dismantle Criminal Group Stealing Luxury Cars in Bulgaria
- » Plovdiv Appellate Court Upholds Detention of Imam Accused of Preaching Radical Islam
- » Bulgarian Police Busts Group of VAT Fraudsters
- » Bulgarian Customs Seize 2.7 kg Cocaine from Venezuelan Citizen
- » Suspect of Suitcase Murder in Bulgaria Remains in Custody
- » Bulgarian Prosecution Suspects KTB Conservators of Deliberate Mismanagement