Bulgaria's Customs Officers Bust 11.5 Tonnes Contraband Tobacco
Bulgaria's Customs officers have seized 11.5 tonnes of contraband tobacco at the Bulgaria – Greece border checkpoint Kulata-Promachonas.
The tobacco was transported in a truck driven by a Greek national and having a Greek vehicle registration plate.
The excise duty of the illegal cut tobacco found inside the truck amounts to BGN 1.752M, the National Customs Office informs.
A pretrial proceeding has been initiated.
- » Bulgarian Authorities 'Arrested Varna-Based Criminal Gang'
- » Bulgarian, Pakistan Citizens Arrested for Helping Foreign Nationals Stay in Bulgaria Illegally
- » Bulgarian Court Rules to Extradite Paris Terror Suspect to France
- » Russian Mobster with Fake Bulgarian Passport Arrested in Vienna
- » 15 Bulgarian Border Policemen Suspected of Human Trafficking
- » Detained French Terror Suspect 'Knew Nothing' of Charlie Hebdo Attack Plans