Bulgaria's Customs Officers Bust 11.5 Tonnes Contraband Tobacco
Bulgaria's Customs officers have seized 11.5 tonnes of contraband tobacco at the Bulgaria – Greece border checkpoint Kulata-Promachonas.
The tobacco was transported in a truck driven by a Greek national and having a Greek vehicle registration plate.
The excise duty of the illegal cut tobacco found inside the truck amounts to BGN 1.752M, the National Customs Office informs.
A pretrial proceeding has been initiated.
- » Bulgaria Charges Three Men over Migrant Truck Deaths in Austria
- » Bulgaria Thwarts Two Attempts to Smuggle Some 90 Migrants from Turkey
- » Four Kosovo Men Get Suspended Jail Sentences in Bulgaria for Illegally Crossing from Macedonia
- » Bulgarian Court Leaves Len Homeniuk Under House Arrest, Extradition Hearing Set for Sept 16
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detained 243 Human Traffickers in First Half of Year
- » Number of People Detained Over Truck with Dead Migrants in Austria Rises to Seven