Bulgaria's Customs Officers Bust 11.5 Tonnes Contraband Tobacco
Bulgaria's Customs officers have seized 11.5 tonnes of contraband tobacco at the Bulgaria – Greece border checkpoint Kulata-Promachonas.
The tobacco was transported in a truck driven by a Greek national and having a Greek vehicle registration plate.
The excise duty of the illegal cut tobacco found inside the truck amounts to BGN 1.752M, the National Customs Office informs.
A pretrial proceeding has been initiated.
- » Bulgaria’s Prosecuting Authority Starts Probe Over Bribe Claims of Defense Minister
- » Bulgaria Counter-Terrorism Officer Detained at Border with Turkey
- » Bulgarian Midwife Remains in Detention after Severely Wounding Baby
- » Sofia Appellate Court Upholds Judge Chenalova's Release on Bail
- » Attacker of Bulgarian Politician Ahmed Dogan Conclusively Sentenced to 3 1/2 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Detains 17 Illegal Immigrants Near Stara Zagora