Bulgarian-US Naval Exercise Postponed
The military exercise of Bulgaria's, Romania's and the US navies was postponed due to bad weather.
According to Bulgaria's Defense Ministry the start of the exercises will be postponed by 24 hours, while all other events with the USS Truxtun will be cancelled.
The US navy ship sailed into the Black Sea against the background of the growing tensions in Crimea and caused speculations that they are the reason for its visit.
According to the US Navy, however, the joint military exercises which are supposed to take place in the western part of the Black Sea have been planned well in advance.
- » US 'Gives Ukraine Weapons via Bulgaria'
- » Baltic Region Countries Report 'Unprecedented' Russian Military Activities In Area
- » NATO 'Mulls Monitoring Mechanism for Bulgaria'
- » Bulgaria's New Fighter Jets Should Be Included in 2016 Budget - ex-Chief of Defense
- » Bulgaria's Answer To US Tanks Is 'No' – Chief Of Defence
- » Bulgaria Has Not Received Request for Deployment of NATO Tanks