Bulgarian-US Naval Exercise Postponed
The military exercise of Bulgaria's, Romania's and the US navies was postponed due to bad weather.
According to Bulgaria's Defense Ministry the start of the exercises will be postponed by 24 hours, while all other events with the USS Truxtun will be cancelled.
The US navy ship sailed into the Black Sea against the background of the growing tensions in Crimea and caused speculations that they are the reason for its visit.
According to the US Navy, however, the joint military exercises which are supposed to take place in the western part of the Black Sea have been planned well in advance.
- » The Interior Minister Declared the Fence on the Bulgaria-Turkey Border is 100% Finished
- » Finland does not Exclude NATO Membership
- » A Broad-Format Meeting is Underway in Sofia Discussing Measures Against Radical Islam
- » Bulgaria to Seek Proposals on New F-16s, Eurofighter Typhoons
- » The Border Fence with Turkey is Becoming Strategical Object of National Security
- » Norway Sends Troops to the Border with Russia