Bulgarian-US Naval Exercise Postponed
The military exercise of Bulgaria's, Romania's and the US navies was postponed due to bad weather.
According to Bulgaria's Defense Ministry the start of the exercises will be postponed by 24 hours, while all other events with the USS Truxtun will be cancelled.
The US navy ship sailed into the Black Sea against the background of the growing tensions in Crimea and caused speculations that they are the reason for its visit.
According to the US Navy, however, the joint military exercises which are supposed to take place in the western part of the Black Sea have been planned well in advance.
- » Bulgaria’s Armed Forces Must Be Prepared for Any Type of Threat – Foreign Minister
- » Bulgaria to Host 155-Strong US Marine Corps
- » NATO Centers in Eastern Europe to Open by End-2015
- » Bulgaria Govt to Meet on Fighter Jets Issue behind Closed Doors
- » Bulgaria Agreed to Provisional Heavy Weapons Deployment, FM Says
- » NATO DefMins to Discuss Eastern Europe Deployment