Bulgarian-US Naval Exercise Postponed
The military exercise of Bulgaria's, Romania's and the US navies was postponed due to bad weather.
According to Bulgaria's Defense Ministry the start of the exercises will be postponed by 24 hours, while all other events with the USS Truxtun will be cancelled.
The US navy ship sailed into the Black Sea against the background of the growing tensions in Crimea and caused speculations that they are the reason for its visit.
According to the US Navy, however, the joint military exercises which are supposed to take place in the western part of the Black Sea have been planned well in advance.
- » USAF to Deploy F-15s in Joint Air Policing Mission with Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria to Appoint Defense Attache in U.S. as New Air Force Chief
- » Bulgaria to Hold Air Policing Jointly with U.S. Next Month
- » Defense Attache in Washington Nominated as New Bulgarian Air Force Chief
- » NATO Military Committee Deputy Chairman to Visit Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Govt Proposes Discharge of Air Force Chief