Bulgarian-US Naval Exercise Postponed
The military exercise of Bulgaria's, Romania's and the US navies was postponed due to bad weather.
According to Bulgaria's Defense Ministry the start of the exercises will be postponed by 24 hours, while all other events with the USS Truxtun will be cancelled.
The US navy ship sailed into the Black Sea against the background of the growing tensions in Crimea and caused speculations that they are the reason for its visit.
According to the US Navy, however, the joint military exercises which are supposed to take place in the western part of the Black Sea have been planned well in advance.
- » Bulgarian MPs Adopt Amendments to Defence Act at First Reading
- » MiGs Repair 'Too Expensive' - Bulgaria DefMin
- » IHS Jane: Pakistan Jet Fighters Deal 'Politically Difficult' for Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria to Take Part in Two Multinational Drills in Ukraine
- » Finland Shouldn't Rule Out NATO Membership, PM Says
- » NATO Deploys Ships to Black Sea for Training with Bulgarian Navy