Bulgarian-US Naval Exercise Postponed
The military exercise of Bulgaria's, Romania's and the US navies was postponed due to bad weather.
According to Bulgaria's Defense Ministry the start of the exercises will be postponed by 24 hours, while all other events with the USS Truxtun will be cancelled.
The US navy ship sailed into the Black Sea against the background of the growing tensions in Crimea and caused speculations that they are the reason for its visit.
According to the US Navy, however, the joint military exercises which are supposed to take place in the western part of the Black Sea have been planned well in advance.
- » Bulgarian Army Gets 10 US Armoured Personnel Vehicles
- » Bulgaria's Entry in New Afghanistan Mission to be Decided Wednesday
- » Bulgaria’s Air Defence Is ‘Critical Area’, Shalamanov tells BBC
- » Bulgaria to Take Part in Non-Military NATO Mission in Afghanistan
- » Bulgaria's Military 'to Demand' BGN 200 M Budget Hike for 2015
- » Two NATO Ships Enter Black Sea