Bulgaria's Hotels Keep Their Heads Above Water in January
Bulgaria's hotels have reported revenue growth and increased number of tourists in Jan 2014, according to the National Statistical Institute.
In January 2014, 1886 tourist accommodation establishments-hotels, motels, camping sites, mountain chalets and other establishments for short-term accommodation have operated in the country. The total number of rooms was 55.2 thousand and the number of beds was 110.1 thousand, the NSI reports.
In comparison with January 2013, the total number of accommodation establishments increased by 5.3%.
The total number of days spent in all tourist accommodation establishments registered in January 2014 was 733.8 thousand or by 13.9% more in comparison with the same month of the previous year, as the greatest increase by 24.0% was observed in 4 and 5 stars accommodation establishments.
In January 2014, the arrivals in all accommodation establishments increased by 10.2% compared to the same month of 2013 and reached 288.2 thousands.
In January 2014, the total number of bed reservations in tourist accommodation establishments was 21.9% and it was the highest in 4 and 5 stars accommodation establishments-32.9%.
The total revenues in January 2014 reached BGN 34.3M or some 15.1% more compared to January 2013.
- » Bulgaria Air Adds Weekly Flights to Lisbon, Alicante from Sofia
- » Bulgaria to Keep Old Tourist Logo As All Proposals Rejected
- » Network of Electric Bicycles to Connect Bulgaria, Romania
- » Competition for New Tourist Logo of Bulgaria Fails to Select Winner
- » Over 100 000 Romanians Expected to Visit Bulgaria over Easter Holiday
- » Bulgarian Truckers’ Plans to Close Border with Greece Threaten Losses for Tour Operators