Bulgaria’s Zhekova Wins Bronze in Snowboard WC Event
Bulgaria's Alexandra Zhekova won the bronze medal in the snowboard cross discipline during the World Cup start in Veysonnaz, Switzerland.
After finishing 1st in her quarterfinal heat and 3rd in the semifinal, Zhekova held on to the bronze medal position in the highly contested final, Dariknews reported.
The gold medal went to Canada's Dominique Maltais, who is also the leader in the overall ranking for the season, while Nelly Moenne-Loccoz of France grabbed the silver.
Zhekova, who finished 5th at the Sochi Winter Olympics, will add 600 points to her World Cup tally, in which she was ranked 5th before the event.
- » Bulgaria’s Kubrat Pulev to Box Maurice Harris in Hamburg on December 5
- » Ronnie O'Sullivan to Face Jimmy White in Snooker Legends Show in Sofia on Friday
- » Bulgaria’s Ruse Wins European City of Sport 2016 Award
- » Two Romanian Football Legends to Join Stoichkov's 50th Birthday Show
- » PM: Bulgaria Has Potential to Be Among Best Sport Destinations on Balkans
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Concludes Season with Defeat in Paris