Bulgaria’s Zhekova Wins Bronze in Snowboard WC Event
Bulgaria's Alexandra Zhekova won the bronze medal in the snowboard cross discipline during the World Cup start in Veysonnaz, Switzerland.
After finishing 1st in her quarterfinal heat and 3rd in the semifinal, Zhekova held on to the bronze medal position in the highly contested final, Dariknews reported.
The gold medal went to Canada's Dominique Maltais, who is also the leader in the overall ranking for the season, while Nelly Moenne-Loccoz of France grabbed the silver.
Zhekova, who finished 5th at the Sochi Winter Olympics, will add 600 points to her World Cup tally, in which she was ranked 5th before the event.
- » Bulgarian Football Legend Hristo Stoichkov Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- » Bautista Agut Triumphs in First Edition of Sofia Open
- » Bulgaria Loses to Belgium in Fed Cup
- » Bulgarian Head of State Demonstrates Football Skills at La Bombonera Stadium
- » Bulgaria Defeats Hungary, Latvia in Fed Cup
- » Bulgaria Drops to 75th Place in FIFA Ranking