Bulgaria’s Zhekova Wins Bronze in Snowboard WC Event
Bulgaria's Alexandra Zhekova won the bronze medal in the snowboard cross discipline during the World Cup start in Veysonnaz, Switzerland.
After finishing 1st in her quarterfinal heat and 3rd in the semifinal, Zhekova held on to the bronze medal position in the highly contested final, Dariknews reported.
The gold medal went to Canada's Dominique Maltais, who is also the leader in the overall ranking for the season, while Nelly Moenne-Loccoz of France grabbed the silver.
Zhekova, who finished 5th at the Sochi Winter Olympics, will add 600 points to her World Cup tally, in which she was ranked 5th before the event.
- » Kylian Mbappe was Chosen as the Best Young footballer in Europe
- » Grigor Dimitrov Remains Eighth in the World
- » Grigor Dimitrov is Semi-finalist in Stockholm
- » Putin Described Russia's Olympic Problems as "Humiliation for the Country"
- » Ludogorets Defeated Sporting Braga with 2:0 and is Leader in Group C of Europa League
- » Grigor Dimitrov Progresses to the Next Round of the Stockholm Tournament