Bulgaria's Exports to EU Increase by 9% in 2013 – NSI
In 2013, Bulgarian exports to the EU increased by 9.1% compared to the previous year and amounted to BGN 26.1B, according to the National Statistical Institute preliminary data.
Main trade partners of Bulgaria were Germany, Italy, Romania, Greece, France, Belgium and Spain which accounted for 75.3% of the exports to the EU Member States.
In December 2013, exports to the EU increased by 3.4% compared to the corresponding month of the previous year and amounted to BGN 1.7B, the NSI reports.
Bulgarian imports from the EU in 2013 grew by 3.1% compared to the previous year and added up to BGN 30.2B at Cost Insurance and Freight (CIF) prices. The largest amounts were reported for the goods imported from Germany, Italy, Romania, Greece, Spain and Hungary.
In December 2013, Bulgarian imports from EU Member States increased by 12.7% compared to the corresponding month of the previous year and amounted to BGN 2.5B at CIF prices. The foreign trade balance of Bulgaria at export FOB (Free on Board) -import CIF with EU in 2013 was negative and added up to BGN 4031.9M.
At FOB/FOB prices (after elimination of transport and insurance costs on imports) the trade balance was also negative and amounted to BGN 2650.9M.
In 2013 compared to 2012, the largest growth of 29.5% in the exports of Bulgaria to EU distributed according to the Standard International Trade Classification was recorded in the Animals and vegetable oils, fats and waxes section.
A drop of 3.6% was recorded in section 'Mineral fuels, lubricants and related materials'.
In imports from EU the largest increase of 8.7% was reported in section 'Beverages and tobacco' while the most notable fall of 5.1% was observed in the section 'Animals and vegetable oils, fats and waxes'.
- » Bulgaria Plans to Introduce '9' as Single Contract Number at Hotels Within Month
- » Bulgaria Expects 1.2%/GDP Budget Surplus as of End-April
- » Mines in Bulgaria’s Madan, Zlatograd Suffered Millions in Damage due to Power Cuts in March
- » Bulgartransgaz to Open Bids for Interconnector Turkey –Bulgaria on May 8
- » Bulgarians Made More Card Payments Abroad around Easter
- » Requests for Increasing Electricity, Heating Prices Are Unfounded – Bulgaria’s Deputy PM