Bulgaria's Struma Highway Lot 3 Bid Announced in 2015 - Min
The bids for the construction of Lot 3 of Bulgaria's Struma Highway will be announced in 2014 or by mid-2015, according to Regional Development Minister Desislava Terzieva.
The Lot 3 (Blagoevgrad - Sandanski) construction is a top priority in the new program period, Minister Terzieva stressed, cited by Bulgarian News Agency. The funds for the overall completion of the highway have been provided under the new Operational program on Transport and Transport Infrastructure.
Some eight modern recreation areas, and 20-25 decares for gas stations and food courts will be created on the route of Struma Highway.
There will also be three helipads suitable for emergency evacuation, a control center for servicing the two tunnels and the highway where there will be winter maintenance equipment, ambulances, fire apparatus and surveillance cameras. The center will spread on an area of about 40 decares and will be located between the towns of Krupnik and Simitli.
The total length of the Struma highway from the village of Daskalovo to the Greek border is 150 km.
It is part of the Pan-European Transport Corridor IV and the Trans-European North-South Highway.
- » Bulgaria MPs Pass 2016 Budget
- » Turkish Stream, Akkuyu NPP Talks 'Frozen' over Russia-Turkey Tensions
- » Bulgaria's Krushuna Waterfalls to Remain Closed for Tourists Over Winter Season
- » Russian Sanctions Against Turkey Affect Bulgarian Truck Drivers
- » Bulgarian Parliament to Discuss 2016 Draft Budget at Extraordinary Sitting
- » Bulgaria Records Budget Surplus of BGN 63.9 M as of End October