Bulgaria Mulls Participation in Tourist Exhibition in Ukraine
Bulgaria's Ministry of Economy and Energy is reconsidering the country's participation in the tourism expo in Ukraine, due to the tensions there.
The companies have till Monday to say if they want to participate in the exhibition in Ukraine in the end of March and then the ministry will decide whether or not to set up a Bulgarian stand, reported the national TV channel bTV.
Bulgaria's tourism sector, however, reacted sharply and said the government's idea is inadequate. According to representatives of the tourist companies the expo in Ukraine is one of the largest in the region and not participating in it would be unprecedented.
The companies are optimistic and expect more tourists from Belarus, Russia, Poland, the Czech Republic and Ukraine. According to the tour operators, there might be a slight drop in the tourists from Ukraine, but it would be insignificant.
- » Minister of Tourism: 'I Am Ready to Meet Representatives of the Union of Owners of Sunny Beach'
- » Bulgaria to Cooperate with Egypt in the Sphere of Tourism
- » Owners of restaurants in Sunny Beach Will Protest
- » Varna’s Sky Restaurant Sees Emergency Landing by NRA Inspectors
- » Bulgarian Minister of Tourism: 'Late Night Police Raids Mar the Image of Bulgarian Sea Resorts
- » Ryanair Calls for Two-Drink Maximum at Airports