Bulgaria Mulls Participation in Tourist Exhibition in Ukraine
Bulgaria's Ministry of Economy and Energy is reconsidering the country's participation in the tourism expo in Ukraine, due to the tensions there.
The companies have till Monday to say if they want to participate in the exhibition in Ukraine in the end of March and then the ministry will decide whether or not to set up a Bulgarian stand, reported the national TV channel bTV.
Bulgaria's tourism sector, however, reacted sharply and said the government's idea is inadequate. According to representatives of the tourist companies the expo in Ukraine is one of the largest in the region and not participating in it would be unprecedented.
The companies are optimistic and expect more tourists from Belarus, Russia, Poland, the Czech Republic and Ukraine. According to the tour operators, there might be a slight drop in the tourists from Ukraine, but it would be insignificant.
- » Bulgaria to Keep Old Tourist Logo As All Proposals Rejected
- » Network of Electric Bicycles to Connect Bulgaria, Romania
- » Competition for New Tourist Logo of Bulgaria Fails to Select Winner
- » Over 100 000 Romanians Expected to Visit Bulgaria over Easter Holiday
- » Bulgarian Truckers’ Plans to Close Border with Greece Threaten Losses for Tour Operators
- » Bulgaria’s Sunny Beach Tops Bargain Destinations for UK Tourists in Europe - Survey