Bulgaria's Telecom Regulator To Gain More Power
Bulgaria's telecoms might be forced to abide by the Communications Regulation Commission (CRC) rulings, even if they appeal them in court.
The new rules are provided in draft amendments to the Communications Act, tabled for discussion in Parliament on Friday.
Currently the telecoms are not obliged to apply the CRC regulations, if they disagree with them and appeal them in court. The regulations come into effect only after all possibilities for appeals are exhausted and the supreme court has ruled in favour of the CRC.
If the amendments come into effect, the telecoms will have to apply the CRC regulations immediately. If the courts rule in favour of the telecoms, then the application of CRC ruling will be discontinued.
The amendments were prompted by the EC reminder that Bulgaria does not apply in full the European regulations.
- » Bulgarian President Welcomes Updates to State Budget, Health Fund
- » Bulgarian Constitutional Court to Revoke 20% Fee on Solar, Wind Power
- » Petrol Engine Cars – Most Popular in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Carriers to Block Sofia's Exits at 3pm on Friday
- » Bulgarian Lawmakers Agree to Update State Budget
- » Motorcycle Police to Enforce Traffic Regulations on BG Roads