Bulgarian PM Highlights Main Achievements, Future Commitments
Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski held a press conference in front of over 200 journalists to brief them on the government’s progress since assuming power.
In a rare for Bulgaria “State-of-the-Union-like” address, Oresharski outlined the progress his cabinet has made, despite taking over at an extremely difficult moment and constantly being pressured by protests.
“From the start of my term and over the past 9 months, I held many meetings with labor unions, employers, business representatives, and foreign investors. I regularly briefed Parliament and media on our work. Today’s conference is also a part of the transparent form of government, which I aim for”, the Prime Minister said.
PM Oresharski pointed out better tax collection, moving forward major investment projects, faster utilization of EU funds, and adequate response to the refugee crisis, as the main achievements of the government.
As key areas of commitment for the future, Oresharski placed weight on stimulating entrepreneurship, reforming administration, healthcare, and tackling petty crime.
- » Another Smolyan Village Completely Deserted
- » Bulgarian Media Mogul Peevski Sells 50% of his Print Media Business
- » BGN 1.6 billion will Cost the Construction of the Vidin-Sofia Highway
- » The New Tiles in front of the National Palace of Culture did not Last Until the End of the European Presidency
- » Over 20.7 million leva have been Allocated to Overcome the Consequences of Disasters in Bulgaria
- » For the Moment, Bulgaria will not Extradite Bulgarians to the Case of "Zhelyaz Andreev"
Yes great going in a difficult position, higher tax on high earners please.
Well done on outlasting the protestors, GERB caved in about a year ago, you didn't and thanks to our brave Gendareme who dealt with the protestors in a peaceful manner.
Have a great 2014 and I look forward to your government serving its full term.
Bravo Oresharski, Stanishev and Mestan - in just 9 short months you have changed Bulgaria from a country where the state apparatus terrorized its citizens into a model of freedom and democracy with full unemployment, booming wages and record foreign investment. No wonder the rest of the world looks at us with envy these days. Keep up the great work!