Bulgarian PM Highlights Main Achievements, Future Commitments
Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski held a press conference in front of over 200 journalists to brief them on the government’s progress since assuming power.
In a rare for Bulgaria “State-of-the-Union-like” address, Oresharski outlined the progress his cabinet has made, despite taking over at an extremely difficult moment and constantly being pressured by protests.
“From the start of my term and over the past 9 months, I held many meetings with labor unions, employers, business representatives, and foreign investors. I regularly briefed Parliament and media on our work. Today’s conference is also a part of the transparent form of government, which I aim for”, the Prime Minister said.
PM Oresharski pointed out better tax collection, moving forward major investment projects, faster utilization of EU funds, and adequate response to the refugee crisis, as the main achievements of the government.
As key areas of commitment for the future, Oresharski placed weight on stimulating entrepreneurship, reforming administration, healthcare, and tackling petty crime.
- » Threat to DPS Leader's Life 'Received' During Previous Parliament
- » 3 out of 4 Senior Executives of Bulgaria's Agriculture Fund Replaced Overnight
- » Temenuzhka Yankova Appointed Deputy Chief of Bulgaria's Revenue Agency
- » Bulgaria Has Failed to Solve Many Problems Identified Prior to EU Accession – British MEP
- » Court Rules Simeon Saxe-Coburg-Gotha Should Return Saragyol to State
- » Bulgaria's Caretaker Transport Minister Approves 3 New Appointments
Yes great going in a difficult position, higher tax on high earners please.
Well done on outlasting the protestors, GERB caved in about a year ago, you didn't and thanks to our brave Gendareme who dealt with the protestors in a peaceful manner.
Have a great 2014 and I look forward to your government serving its full term.
Bravo Oresharski, Stanishev and Mestan - in just 9 short months you have changed Bulgaria from a country where the state apparatus terrorized its citizens into a model of freedom and democracy with full unemployment, booming wages and record foreign investment. No wonder the rest of the world looks at us with envy these days. Keep up the great work!