Bulgaria's Municipalities Demand 30% of Total Flat Tax
Bulgaria's National Association of Municipalities insists that 30% of the collected flat tax should be distributed among municipality budgets.
"It has already been decided that by 2015 part of the personal income tax will enter municipalities budgets as revenue. The Financial Ministry will soon introduce the proposal to the Council of Ministers. We have proposed a 3% of the 10 percent tax, however the exact percentage is still not clear," the deputy executive director of the National Municipalities Association Emil Savov told Bulgaria on Air TV.
"Some BGN 700M would enter the municipalities instead of the central budget in case a 3% municipal tax is adopted," Savov explained.
Hopefully, the necessary legislative adjustments will be introduced by end-May, Savov added.
- » FDI in Bulgaria Falls 34% Y/Y for January-May - C-Bank
- » Bulgaria, Iran to Deepen Economic Ties, Fight Against Tax, Customs Fraud
- » Inspections Along Bulgaria's Black Sea Coast Brought Extra BGN 200 M in Revenues
- » Bulgaria Posts Budget Surplus of 3.1% of GDP for End-May
- » Bulgaria Expects BGN 3.09 Budget Surplus for H1 2016
- » Pensions in Bulgaria Increase by 2.6 %