Brits Saved in Bulgaria's Pirin Mountain Rescue Operation
Two British tourists were rescued in a 5-hour long operation on steep and hazardous terrain in Bulgaria's Pirin mountain, Sunday night.
The two male snowboarders, 28 and 30, got lost in the fog and ended up on extremely hazardous avalanche terrain.
After the snowboarders' friends lost communication with them, the rescue team, equipped with avalanche safety gear launched the search operation.
After more than five hours, around midnight, the Brits were successfully transported to the mountain rescue services base.
- » Head of Bulgaria's National Theater Steps Down
- » Excavations Unveil One of Five Most Important Temples for Bulgarian Archaeology
- » Sofia Gallery to Host Major Christo / Jeanne-Claude Exhibition for 1st Time
- » Enrique Iglesias to Hold First Individual Concert in Bulgaria on December 14
- » Bulgarian Invents Watch Capable of Translating Words in Two Seconds
- » England-to-Turkey Flight Diverts to Sofia Due to ‘Allegedly Drunk Passenger’