Brits Saved in Bulgaria's Pirin Mountain Rescue Operation
Two British tourists were rescued in a 5-hour long operation on steep and hazardous terrain in Bulgaria's Pirin mountain, Sunday night.
The two male snowboarders, 28 and 30, got lost in the fog and ended up on extremely hazardous avalanche terrain.
After the snowboarders' friends lost communication with them, the rescue team, equipped with avalanche safety gear launched the search operation.
After more than five hours, around midnight, the Brits were successfully transported to the mountain rescue services base.
- » Bulgaria’s Health Ministry Mulls 3-10% Tax on Junk Food
- » Rally Driver Dies, Co-Driver Injured after Heavy Crash Near Bulgaria's Tvarditsa
- » Austria Embassy Suspicious Package 'False Alarm'
- » Suspicious Package Found at Austrian Embassy in Sofia
- » Sofia Pride to Take Place Saturday
- » Bulgarian Movie "Losers" Claims Main Prize at Moscow International Film Festival