Brits Saved in Bulgaria's Pirin Mountain Rescue Operation
Two British tourists were rescued in a 5-hour long operation on steep and hazardous terrain in Bulgaria's Pirin mountain, Sunday night.
The two male snowboarders, 28 and 30, got lost in the fog and ended up on extremely hazardous avalanche terrain.
After the snowboarders' friends lost communication with them, the rescue team, equipped with avalanche safety gear launched the search operation.
After more than five hours, around midnight, the Brits were successfully transported to the mountain rescue services base.
- » Code Orange Issued in 21 Bulgarian Regions over Dangerous Heat
- » Wildfire Rages Near Bulgaria's Boboshevo
- » Close to 2.5 Million Bulgarians Live Below Poverty Line - Study
- » Monument to Elias Canetti Unveiled in Bulgaria's Ruse
- » Thracian Polearm Among Archaeological Finds in Bulgaria's Perperikon
- » 4-Magnitude Earthquake in Greece Felt in Bulgaria