Brits Saved in Bulgaria's Pirin Mountain Rescue Operation
Two British tourists were rescued in a 5-hour long operation on steep and hazardous terrain in Bulgaria's Pirin mountain, Sunday night.
The two male snowboarders, 28 and 30, got lost in the fog and ended up on extremely hazardous avalanche terrain.
After the snowboarders' friends lost communication with them, the rescue team, equipped with avalanche safety gear launched the search operation.
After more than five hours, around midnight, the Brits were successfully transported to the mountain rescue services base.
- » Scientists to Search for Ancient Civilization in Bulgaria's Rhodopes
- » Communist-Era Cars Museum to Open in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Citizens Cover 46% of Health Expenses
- » Nearly 80 Thousand Migrants Arrived in Europe by Sea in H1 2014
- » Bulgaria Ranks 58th by Human Development Index
- » Reporters Without Borders Slam Amendments to BG Penal Code on Banks