Ukrainian TV Channels Banned in Crimea
All Ukrainian television channels broadcasting has been shut off in the Crimea while Russian TV channels are broadcast on some of the vacated frequencies.
The television station Inter has been blocked and NTV is broadcasting on its frequency, Russia's Channel One is available on the frequency of the blocked 1+1, an Interfax-Ukraine correspondent reported, cited by KyivPost.
Rossiya 24 is broadcasting on the frequency of the Crimean Black Sea Television and Radio Company.
A concert in support of the March 16 referendum on Crimea's status took place in the centre of Simferopol on Sunday while tens of thousands came out on rallies across Russia to support the people of Crimea, Itarr-Tass reports.
- » Russia 'Not EU's Strategic Partner Anymore' - Mogherini
- » Turkey Summons US Charge d'Affaires over Spying Report
- » Ukraine Soldiers, Rebels Clash at Luhansk Airport
- » Five Killed in Plane Crash in US Colorado
- » EU Leaders Give Russia 7 Days to Reverse Course in Ukraine or Face New Sanctions
- » NATO to Set up 10,000-Strong Force in Response to Ukraine Crisis