CSKA Beats Levski in Bulgarian Derby
CSKA Sofia beat arch rivals Levski Sofia 1:0 in the biggest derby of Bulgarian club football in an extremely rough encounter.
The “Reds” were left a man short as early as the 29th minute, when Boris Galchev was sent off for a second yellow card.
Levski, however, were not able to take advantage of their extra man, despite attacking more often. In the 68th minute, they also had a player sent off – the captain Stanislav Angelov, for a foul in the penalty area. Gargorov converted the spot kick into the only goal of the match.
The end of the match saw major scuffles break out between players of both teams. CSKA’s goalkeeper M’Boli and Levski’s Toure were sent off, while Gadzhev and Kossoko saw red cards after the final whistle for getting into a fight.
With this win CSKA has 51 points and remains 3rd in the league, while Levski fall behind further, with 45 points in 5th place.
- » Special Olympics Athletes Back From Austria with 9 Medals
- » Stefka Kostadinova Re-Elected As BOC Chairwoman
- » Daniel Ivanov-Aoiyama With 3rd Consecutive Victory in Osaka
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Squanders 4 Match Balls at Indian Wells
- » Bulgarian Stanimir Belomazhev Achieves Historical gold
- » Levski-CSKA Football Game Affects Sofia Traffic