Men in High Heels March in Bulgaria's Sofia Against Gender Violence
Several tens of men and teenage boys marched in high heels in Bulgaria's capital Sofia on Saturday against gender violence.
The event “Walk A Mile In Her Shoes” took place for the second consecutive year in Sofia on the International Women's Day and was organized by the Bulgarian Red Cross, the European Parliament Information Office and several NGOs.
The men walked a block along Vitosha boulevard. After the march some of them ran a short sprint in high heels to win tickets for the concert of Aerosmith in Sofia in May.
According to the organizers, every fourth woman in Bulgaria is a victim of domestic violence and a quarter of a million Bulgarians have become subject of sexual harassment.
- » First Snow Falls in Bulgaria's Northwest
- » Bulgaria 'Should Accept More Migrants' to Overcome Demographic Crisis
- » Sofia Hosts Third International Literary Festival Between November 25-December 13
- » Passengers Wait for Hours on Planes at Plovdiv Airport
- » Strong Winds Cause Power Failure across W Bulgaria
- » Anti-Migrant Rally Held in Bulgaria's Sofia