Cuba Accepts to Restore Ties with EU
Cuba has accepted an invitation to restore its relations with the EU.
Cuba's Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez Parrilla announced on Thursday that his country sees the proposal as "the end of the unilateral policy of the EU towards Cuba", as the EUObserver reports.
According to Spanish newspaper El Tiempo, Rodríguez has expressed the willingness of his country to start a dialogue based on "equality" and mutual respect, even though such a process woud take a long time.
Rodríguez also said he did not rule out a Cuba-EU dialogue regarding human rights, an issue widely commented in Europe.
Normalization of ties was proposed in February by the EU's High Representative, Catherine Ashton.
- » NATO Reports 'Unusual' Increase Of Russian Warplanes Over Europe
- » Military Plane Crashes in California, Killing Pilot
- » Hungary Rocked by Huge Protest over Controversial Internet Tax
- » Poland Denies Deploying Troops Near Ukraine
- » 40% of Serbians Optimistic About Economic Situation
- » Iraqi Kurdish Forces Head to Turkey to Join Kobane Battle