Bulgaria To Launch Tourism Campaign in Germany
Bulgaria launches in Germany a new advertising campaign under the slogan “Bulgaria – discover and share”.
According to Bulgaria's deputy minister of Economy and Energy Branimir Botev, the goal of the campaign is to promote the country as an attractive tourist destination. So far Bulgaria is known at the German market mainly as a summer seaside destination and the goal of the campaign is to promote it as a SPA and ski destination and as a country for cultural tourism.
“The communication campaign includes ads in print, electronic and online media and outdoor advertising,” said Botev at a press conference during the ITB international tourist exhibition in Berlin.
According to him tourism has contributed 16.5% to Bulgaria's GDP last year and is expected to continue its growth.
“There is an interesting ratio – the local population is 6.9 million and the foreign tourists were 7.2 million,” Botev said. “By 2020 we expect that the number of tourists reaches 9.5 million.”
- » Bansko Opens Ski Season On December 13
- » Bulgaria's Deputy EconMin Proposes Separate Tourism Ministry
- » Bulgaria's Winter Tourism to See 4.5-5% Growth in 2014 – Branimir Botev
- » Bulgaria To Spend BGN 7 M On Tourism Promotion
- » Bulgarians' Trips Abroad Rise By Almost 10% In September
- » Bulgaria Is Second Favorite Destination Among Russians