Bulgaria To Launch Tourism Campaign in Germany
Bulgaria launches in Germany a new advertising campaign under the slogan “Bulgaria – discover and share”.
According to Bulgaria's deputy minister of Economy and Energy Branimir Botev, the goal of the campaign is to promote the country as an attractive tourist destination. So far Bulgaria is known at the German market mainly as a summer seaside destination and the goal of the campaign is to promote it as a SPA and ski destination and as a country for cultural tourism.
“The communication campaign includes ads in print, electronic and online media and outdoor advertising,” said Botev at a press conference during the ITB international tourist exhibition in Berlin.
According to him tourism has contributed 16.5% to Bulgaria's GDP last year and is expected to continue its growth.
“There is an interesting ratio – the local population is 6.9 million and the foreign tourists were 7.2 million,” Botev said. “By 2020 we expect that the number of tourists reaches 9.5 million.”
- » Bulgarians Spend Their Summer Vacation in London, Barcelona
- » Another Russian Tour Operator Goes Out of Business
- » Inspections Find Violations at 1 out of 7 Bulgarian Beaches
- » Bulgarian Hotels Boast 11.6% Revenue Growth in June 2014
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Revenue to Drop This Summer – Industry Sources
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Revenue On the Rise – Economy Ministry