British Government Publishes the “Withheld” Immigration Report
The British government published the official report on the impact of migration on unemployment among Brits.
Earlier this week the government was accused by opposition MPs of deliberately withholding the report, which found that “there is relatively little evidence that immigration displaced Brits from their jobs in the periods of strong economy.”
The new analysis of the Migration Advisory Committee (MAC) found that there are “some shifts in the labour market during the recession.”
According to the report, however, the lack of sufficient evidence that the EU migrant workers take the jobs of the Brits, doesn't mean they don't have an impact in certain circumstances.
- » US Air Strikes Help Iraq Repel IS Offensive on Mosul Dam
- » European Parliament Approves Jean-Claude Juncker Commission
- » New European Commission To Be Voted Wednesday In Strasbourg
- » UK to Send Spy Drones Over Syria in Broadening of Anti-IS Campaign
- » Turkey Adopts Tough Measures Against Violation of Public Order
- » Russian State Telecom To Launch Counterpart of Skype