At Least 2 More Dead in Ongoing Venezuela Protests
At least 2 protesters have been killed in Venezuela, as violence on the streets escalates once again.
Demonstrators demand the resignation of President Nicolas Maduro over food shortages and failed economic policy. The violence, concentrated mostly in the capital Caracas, has already claimed at least 20 lives, Euronews reports.
Maduro has called for a peaceful resolution of the crisis, but also claims he will not tolerate any insurgency or coup attempts.
Earlier this week, Venezuela decided to cut diplomatic and trade ties with Panama, blaming it of "conspiracy" against the government.
Maduro has also been putting blame on the United States for allegedly supporting the protesters movement and trying to overthrow him.
- » Erdogan: Summit 'Important' For Ending Tragedy in Syria
- » Singapore Sees Running Autonomous Buses on Public Roads From 2022
- » Ratko Mladic Jailed For Life Over Bosnia War Genocide
- » UK Sets Aside Extra 3 billion Pounds for Brexit Preparations
- » Zimbabwe's Mnangagwa to be Sworn in as President on Friday
- » Elizabeth II is Now the Oldest Head of State in the World