Bulgaria's MPs Pass Audit Office Act Amendments
Bulgarian lawmakers passed at first reading amendments to National Audit Office act.
The draft was voted in favor by 180 MPs, 77 were against and one MP abstained. As expected, the opposition was against the proposed amendments.
The National Audit Office draft was adopted after re-vote requested by Menda Stoyanova from center-right opposition GERB party who claimed that "the new law was a retrograde step", Bulgaria's BGNES news agency reports.
- » Every Third Bulgarian Lives in Dire Straits
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Allocates BGN 81 M for Pensions, Health, Agriculture in One Hour
- » Bulgarians Living Below Poverty Treshold To Have Acces to Free Legal Aid
- » Bulgaria's Agriculture Min Dismisses Fisheries Agency Head over EU Funds Probe
- » Bulgaria's Parliament Removes Cap on Polling Stations in EU
- » "I Do Not Support Anyone" Votes To Be Valid in Presidential Elections Outcome