Bulgaria's MPs Pass Audit Office Act Amendments
Bulgarian lawmakers passed at first reading amendments to National Audit Office act.
The draft was voted in favor by 180 MPs, 77 were against and one MP abstained. As expected, the opposition was against the proposed amendments.
The National Audit Office draft was adopted after re-vote requested by Menda Stoyanova from center-right opposition GERB party who claimed that "the new law was a retrograde step", Bulgaria's BGNES news agency reports.
- » Bulgarian Parliamentary Committee Adopts Ban on Face-Covering Veils
- » Bulgarian MPs Propose Relaxing Restrictions for Voters Abroad
- » Bulgarian PM Refrains From Revealing GERB's Presidential Candidate
- » Bulgaria’s Ex-President Parvanov Hints at Possibility to Run Again
- » New Deputy Agriculture Minister to Oversee EU's Fisheries Policy in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s Garmen Braces for New Protest against Illegal Roma Dwellings