Bulgaria's MPs Pass Audit Office Act Amendments
Bulgarian lawmakers passed at first reading amendments to National Audit Office act.
The draft was voted in favor by 180 MPs, 77 were against and one MP abstained. As expected, the opposition was against the proposed amendments.
The National Audit Office draft was adopted after re-vote requested by Menda Stoyanova from center-right opposition GERB party who claimed that "the new law was a retrograde step", Bulgaria's BGNES news agency reports.
- » Bulgaria's Legal Affairs Committee Rejects Fuel Price Referendum
- » Bulgaria Ex-Justice Min Heads Bulgaria's Top Training Body in Judiciary
- » Bulgarian MPs Adopt Changes to Judicial System Act at First Reading
- » Heads of Bulgaria's Security Agencies to Report in Aftermath of Istanbul Airport Attack
- » Yulia Nenkova to Head Bulgaria’s Anti-Trust Regulator
- » Bulgarian Parliament Condemns Terror Attack at Istanbul Airport