Bulgaria's MPs Pass Audit Office Act Amendments
Bulgarian lawmakers passed at first reading amendments to National Audit Office act.
The draft was voted in favor by 180 MPs, 77 were against and one MP abstained. As expected, the opposition was against the proposed amendments.
The National Audit Office draft was adopted after re-vote requested by Menda Stoyanova from center-right opposition GERB party who claimed that "the new law was a retrograde step", Bulgaria's BGNES news agency reports.
- » Bulgaria's Socialist Leader Lashes Out at 1-Day Contracts
- » Author of Cartoons Taken Off Bulgaria TV Station Joins Slavi's Show
- » Bulgarian PM Slightly Lifts Veil On GERB’s Presidential Candidate
- » For First Time Woman Will Head Bulgaria's Penitentiary System
- » Bulgaria's Stara Zagora Also Bans Wearing of Face-Covering Veils in Public Places
- » Bulgarian MPs Keep Provision Allowing Simultaneous Holding of Referendums, Elections