Bulgaria's MPs Pass Audit Office Act Amendments
Bulgarian lawmakers passed at first reading amendments to National Audit Office act.
The draft was voted in favor by 180 MPs, 77 were against and one MP abstained. As expected, the opposition was against the proposed amendments.
The National Audit Office draft was adopted after re-vote requested by Menda Stoyanova from center-right opposition GERB party who claimed that "the new law was a retrograde step", Bulgaria's BGNES news agency reports.
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister Calls for Stricter Punishment of Human Traffickers
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain 18 Illegally Accommodated Refugees in Sofia
- » Bulgaria Has Granted Refugee Status to 12 800 People Since Start of Year
- » Bulgarian Gov't Coalition MP Points to Possible Early Elections
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain Forty Immigrants Near Pernik
- » Bulgarian Cabinet to Resubmit Anti-Corruption Bill in Three Months - PM Borisov