Bulgaria's MPs Pass Audit Office Act Amendments
Bulgarian lawmakers passed at first reading amendments to National Audit Office act.
The draft was voted in favor by 180 MPs, 77 were against and one MP abstained. As expected, the opposition was against the proposed amendments.
The National Audit Office draft was adopted after re-vote requested by Menda Stoyanova from center-right opposition GERB party who claimed that "the new law was a retrograde step", Bulgaria's BGNES news agency reports.
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain Three Migrant Traffickers in Sofia
- » Kapitan Andreevo Border Crossing Switches to Card Payments Only for Toll Fees as of June
- » Bulgarian Dairy Farmers to Stage National Protest, Block Road
- » Ruling Party GERB Boasts 97 MP Signatures in Support of Constitutional Amendments
- » Bulgarian Police Arrests Over 60 Illegal Immigrants in Sofia
- » Bulgarian PM, Agriculture Minister Meet Stock Breeders