Bulgaria's MPs Pass Audit Office Act Amendments
Bulgarian lawmakers passed at first reading amendments to National Audit Office act.
The draft was voted in favor by 180 MPs, 77 were against and one MP abstained. As expected, the opposition was against the proposed amendments.
The National Audit Office draft was adopted after re-vote requested by Menda Stoyanova from center-right opposition GERB party who claimed that "the new law was a retrograde step", Bulgaria's BGNES news agency reports.
- » Bulgarians Expect Situation in Turkey to Worsen after Failed Coup Attempt - Poll
- » Bulgarian PM Warns of Rising Migration Pressure along Southern Border
- » Chief Prosecutor: 'Thin' Line between Anti-Terror Measures, Human Rights
- » Bulgarian Police Detain 45 Migrants Crossing into Serbia
- » Bulgaria Nationalist Leader Welcomes Turkey Coup
- » Bulgaria, US to Boost Exchange of Data on Terrorism, Financial Crime