Bulgaria's MPs Pass Audit Office Act Amendments
Bulgarian lawmakers passed at first reading amendments to National Audit Office act.
The draft was voted in favor by 180 MPs, 77 were against and one MP abstained. As expected, the opposition was against the proposed amendments.
The National Audit Office draft was adopted after re-vote requested by Menda Stoyanova from center-right opposition GERB party who claimed that "the new law was a retrograde step", Bulgaria's BGNES news agency reports.
- » Bulgaria's Ex-PM Has Highest Approval Rating - Poll
- » Bulgarian Cartoonists Launch New Satirical Newspaper amid Election Campaign
- » Five Parties to Enter Parliament in Bulgaria's Early Election - Poll
- » Bulgaria's Election Officials Play Down Machine Voting Failure
- » Electronic Voting Scrapped in Bulgaria's Snap Election
- » Bulgaria's Vice President 'Cannot Give Up Party Overnight'