Bulgaria's MPs Pass Audit Office Act Amendments
Bulgarian lawmakers passed at first reading amendments to National Audit Office act.
The draft was voted in favor by 180 MPs, 77 were against and one MP abstained. As expected, the opposition was against the proposed amendments.
The National Audit Office draft was adopted after re-vote requested by Menda Stoyanova from center-right opposition GERB party who claimed that "the new law was a retrograde step", Bulgaria's BGNES news agency reports.
- » Bulgarian Trade Union Seeks Minimum Wage Increase to BGN 400
- » KTB Majority Shareholder to Demand Int'l Expertise on Bank Insolvency
- » Bulgaria PM Renews Calls on C-Bank Governor to Resign
- » Coalition Partners to Negotiate over Controversial Appointment
- » Bulgaria is Starting to Emerge from 2-year Political Chaos – Right-Wing Leader
- » Bulgarian Politicians Renew Dispute over Turkish-Language News