Bulgaria's MPs Pass Audit Office Act Amendments
Bulgarian lawmakers passed at first reading amendments to National Audit Office act.
The draft was voted in favor by 180 MPs, 77 were against and one MP abstained. As expected, the opposition was against the proposed amendments.
The National Audit Office draft was adopted after re-vote requested by Menda Stoyanova from center-right opposition GERB party who claimed that "the new law was a retrograde step", Bulgaria's BGNES news agency reports.
- » Bulgaria’s President: Failure to Form Govt Would Lead to Disaster
- » Deputy PM Zaharieva: 78% of Regional Development Ministry Budget Spent in H1 2014
- » Witnesses Back Defendant in Bulgaria’s 2013 Illegal Ballot Papers Case
- » Liberals' Head Lyutvi Mestan Demands International Probe into KTB Affair
- » IntMin Employees to Stage Protest over Plans for Social Benefits Cut
- » Bulgaria Budget Miscalculated 'on Purpose' - President Plevneliev