Bulgaria's MPs Pass Audit Office Act Amendments
Bulgarian lawmakers passed at first reading amendments to National Audit Office act.
The draft was voted in favor by 180 MPs, 77 were against and one MP abstained. As expected, the opposition was against the proposed amendments.
The National Audit Office draft was adopted after re-vote requested by Menda Stoyanova from center-right opposition GERB party who claimed that "the new law was a retrograde step", Bulgaria's BGNES news agency reports.
- » Three Nominations Said to Be Considered for Bulgaria's New Interior Minister
- » Bulgarian Now Ex-Minister of the Interior Refuses to Retract Resignation
- » Bulgarian Parliament Dismisses BSP's Proposal for Early Retirement
- » Bulgaria IntMin Resignation 'Not Final Decision', MPs Say
- » Resignation of Bulgaria IntMin Vuchkov Prompts Mixed Reactions
- » Bulgaria PM Accepts IntMin's Resignation