Bulgaria's MPs Pass Audit Office Act Amendments
Bulgarian lawmakers passed at first reading amendments to National Audit Office act.
The draft was voted in favor by 180 MPs, 77 were against and one MP abstained. As expected, the opposition was against the proposed amendments.
The National Audit Office draft was adopted after re-vote requested by Menda Stoyanova from center-right opposition GERB party who claimed that "the new law was a retrograde step", Bulgaria's BGNES news agency reports.
- » Bulgaria's PM 'Not Commenting' Reports of Parliament Speaker's Presidential Nomination
- » EU Commission VP Accepts UN Top Job Nomination from Bulgaria
- » Rosen Zhelyazkov Appointed Head of Bulgarian Electronic Management Agency
- » BSP, Lyava Balgariya To Start Discussions On Non-Confidence Vote
- » DPS Leader Karadayi: Georgieva's Nomination For UN Secretary General Is Very Superficial Move
- » Bulgarian President Plevneliev Calls For Unity On New UN Secretary Nomination