Bulgaria's MPs Pass Audit Office Act Amendments
Bulgarian lawmakers passed at first reading amendments to National Audit Office act.
The draft was voted in favor by 180 MPs, 77 were against and one MP abstained. As expected, the opposition was against the proposed amendments.
The National Audit Office draft was adopted after re-vote requested by Menda Stoyanova from center-right opposition GERB party who claimed that "the new law was a retrograde step", Bulgaria's BGNES news agency reports.
- » Planned Rise in Vignette Stickers’ Price Prompts Protests in Bulgaria
- » Interior Minister Notes 2.5-Fold Increase of Migratory Flow Through Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s Ataka Party Protests over Downing of Russian Warplane by Turkey
- » IntMin: Bulgaria Is Not Directly Threatened by Russia-Turkey Tensions
- » Bulgaria Govt to Spend BGN 1 M on Electric Cars for Civil Servants
- » Bulgaria's Cultural Sector Workers to Protest Against Insufficient Funding