Bulgaria's MPs Pass Audit Office Act Amendments
Bulgarian lawmakers passed at first reading amendments to National Audit Office act.
The draft was voted in favor by 180 MPs, 77 were against and one MP abstained. As expected, the opposition was against the proposed amendments.
The National Audit Office draft was adopted after re-vote requested by Menda Stoyanova from center-right opposition GERB party who claimed that "the new law was a retrograde step", Bulgaria's BGNES news agency reports.
- » Tsvetan Vasilev: KTB Became Victim of State Institutions, Private Interests
- » Early Retirement to be Removed for IntMin Administration in 2015
- » Protest Network Demands Resignation of Bulgaria's FinMin
- » Bulgaria Penal Code Includes Tough Measures against Insurance Infringement
- » Bulgarian MEP Barekov 'to Quit' His Party's Coalition
- » Bulgaria's Ruling Parties to Seek Consensus on Pension Reform