Bulgaria's MPs Pass Audit Office Act Amendments
Bulgarian lawmakers passed at first reading amendments to National Audit Office act.
The draft was voted in favor by 180 MPs, 77 were against and one MP abstained. As expected, the opposition was against the proposed amendments.
The National Audit Office draft was adopted after re-vote requested by Menda Stoyanova from center-right opposition GERB party who claimed that "the new law was a retrograde step", Bulgaria's BGNES news agency reports.
- » ABV Will Stay Out of Gov't, But Will Back Some GERB Policies
- » PF Urges Power Price Freeze, Anti-Crime Steps Ahead of Talks with GERB
- » Dimitar Vladimirov Appointed Deputy Head of State Agency for Bulgarians Abroad
- » Subsidies for Political Parties in Bulgaria Up 10 Times in 10 Years
- » GERB, Reformist Bloc Take ‘Step Forward’ in Coalition Talks
- » Iva Yordanova Resigns as Deputy Head of Agency for Bulgarians Abroad