Bulgaria's MPs Pass Audit Office Act Amendments
Bulgarian lawmakers passed at first reading amendments to National Audit Office act.
The draft was voted in favor by 180 MPs, 77 were against and one MP abstained. As expected, the opposition was against the proposed amendments.
The National Audit Office draft was adopted after re-vote requested by Menda Stoyanova from center-right opposition GERB party who claimed that "the new law was a retrograde step", Bulgaria's BGNES news agency reports.
- » Bulgaria’s Tax Agency to Extend Media Sector Inspections to Online Editions
- » Bulgarian Tax Authorities Inspecting Print Media
- » Bulgaria's 6th Largest Parliament Group Dissolved
- » Rejection of Referendum Questions 'Blow to Half Million Citizens' - Bulgarian President
- » Bill on Establishing Single Anti-Corruption Unit in Bulgaria Fails to Pass 1st Reading
- » Bulgarian Parliament to Discuss Anticorruption Law at First Reading