Bulgaria's MPs Pass Audit Office Act Amendments
Bulgarian lawmakers passed at first reading amendments to National Audit Office act.
The draft was voted in favor by 180 MPs, 77 were against and one MP abstained. As expected, the opposition was against the proposed amendments.
The National Audit Office draft was adopted after re-vote requested by Menda Stoyanova from center-right opposition GERB party who claimed that "the new law was a retrograde step", Bulgaria's BGNES news agency reports.
- » Bulgaria Plans Deeper Army Involvement in Guarding of Borders
- » Bulgaria MPs Grant National Security Body Right to Process Passengers Flight Data
- » Ex-Leader of Bulgaria's DPS Reveals Details on New Political Party
- » Bulgarian PM Appoints Deputy Education Minister
- » Bulgarian TV Show to Submit Petition for Holding Six-Point Referendum
- » Bulgaria Ex-President Says Ankara Working to Wield Influence on Bulgarian Turks