Bulgaria's MPs Pass Audit Office Act Amendments
Bulgarian lawmakers passed at first reading amendments to National Audit Office act.
The draft was voted in favor by 180 MPs, 77 were against and one MP abstained. As expected, the opposition was against the proposed amendments.
The National Audit Office draft was adopted after re-vote requested by Menda Stoyanova from center-right opposition GERB party who claimed that "the new law was a retrograde step", Bulgaria's BGNES news agency reports.
- » Bulgarian Refugee Agency ex-Official Indicted over Willful Neglect
- » Bulgarian MPs' Silence Leaves Voting System Change to Next Parliament
- » Italian Military Plane Makes Emergency Landing at Sofia Airport
- » Plovdiv's Mayor Totev Suspended by Bulgarian Court
- » Bulgarian Carriers Ready for Counter Blockade in Case of Greek Farmers Protests
- » 2.1-Magnitude Earthquake Rocks Bulgaria's Stara Zagora