Bulgaria's MPs Pass Audit Office Act Amendments
Bulgarian lawmakers passed at first reading amendments to National Audit Office act.
The draft was voted in favor by 180 MPs, 77 were against and one MP abstained. As expected, the opposition was against the proposed amendments.
The National Audit Office draft was adopted after re-vote requested by Menda Stoyanova from center-right opposition GERB party who claimed that "the new law was a retrograde step", Bulgaria's BGNES news agency reports.
- » Bulgaria's Judicial Council to Seek Election Court of Cassation Chair Thursday
- » Bulgarian MPs Reject Proposal for Limiting Sanctions Against Russia
- » Incumbent, Former Bulgarian Presidents Gather in Council
- » Consultations on Bulgaria's Pension Reform Continue
- » Finance Ministry Reverses Controversial Changes to Pension Insurance
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Makes Governance Programme Public