EU Funding to Boost Bulgaria's E-Governance
The European Union will grant Bulgaria EUR 127M for the establishment of e-governance in the next EU programming period 2014-2020.
The funds will be provided under the new Good Governance operational program, Standard daily reports.
The entire program sets five priorities and stipulates a total of EUR 295.5M for the improvement of Bulgaria's administration efficiency.
The first priority focuses on projects for the improvement of administrative services and e-government.
The second priority is for the improvement of communications between administration, citizens and business. Some EUR 64.9M will be provided under the program, Standard informs.
The third priority concerns working for transparent and efficient judicial system and will be granted EUR 25.6M.
The technical assistance provision to the administration in regards to EU funds absorption will be granted EUR 66.9 million.
The program beneficiaries will receive EUR 10.3M for technical assistance.
- » Europol Busts People Smuggling Group Linked to Bulgaria
- » Child Poverty Highest in Bulgaria, Romania
- » EU Commission Adopts Bulgaria's Fisheries, Aquaculture Programme Worth EUR 113 M
- » Oxfam-funded Report Accuses Bulgaria of Police Abuse of Migrants
- » Bulgaria Contributes EUR 50,000 to EU's Emergency Trust Fund for Africa
- » Workers from Bulgaria, Romania in UK Reach Fresh High of 219,000