US Imposes Visa Sanctions Over Crimean Secession
The White House has announced visa restrictions on Russians and Crimeans over Crimea's decision to secede from Ukraine.
"Anyone who is threatening the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine will be affected by the restrictions", USA Today has reported.
The decision came hours after the local government in Ukraine's autonomous region of Crimea declared its MPs had voted in favour of seceding and called a referendum on March 16 to confirm their step.
The sanctions will target any "individuals and entities responsible for activities undermining democratic processes or institutions in Ukraine", according to a press release posted on the White House's website.
The visa restrictions add to previous measures the US has taken to tackle the Ukrainian crisis. These include suspending bilateral discussions with Russia on trade and investment, cancelling other bilateral meetings on a case-by-case basis, putting on hold U.S.-Russia military-to-military engagement, and boycotting (together with other states) the scheduled G-8 Summit in Sochi in June.
- » Two Charged Over Arms Supply to French Airport Attacker
- » Theresa May to Announce UK Will Reclaim its Waters For British Fishermen
- » Polish PM Heading Off to EU Summit, Warns Against Two-Speed Europe
- » Two More People Have Been Arrested After the Attack in London
- » Brazil Official Statement After Several Countries Have Banned Imports of Meat
- » Erdogan Says Turkey will Review EU Ties ‘From A to Z’
"Anyone who is threatening the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine will be affected by the restrictions"---
USA officials show themselves idiots once again. They de facto ensured the Coup d'Etat, they heavily supported and support now that ILLEGAL SCUM which captured power in Kiev, and they speak now about "sovereignty and territorial integrity......Kosovo, USA geopolitical idiots, Kosovo, remember?