US Imposes Visa Sanctions Over Crimean Secession
The White House has announced visa restrictions on Russians and Crimeans over Crimea's decision to secede from Ukraine.
"Anyone who is threatening the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine will be affected by the restrictions", USA Today has reported.
The decision came hours after the local government in Ukraine's autonomous region of Crimea declared its MPs had voted in favour of seceding and called a referendum on March 16 to confirm their step.
The sanctions will target any "individuals and entities responsible for activities undermining democratic processes or institutions in Ukraine", according to a press release posted on the White House's website.
The visa restrictions add to previous measures the US has taken to tackle the Ukrainian crisis. These include suspending bilateral discussions with Russia on trade and investment, cancelling other bilateral meetings on a case-by-case basis, putting on hold U.S.-Russia military-to-military engagement, and boycotting (together with other states) the scheduled G-8 Summit in Sochi in June.
- » Turkey's Erdogan Wondering about Russian Action in Syria
- » Eastern Ukraine to Postpone Local Elections for Next Year
- » Migrants 'Part of Bargaining, Hybrid War'- EU's Tusk
- » Angela Merkel’s Popularity Drops amidst Migrant Influx to Germany
- » Close to 400,000 Migrants Have Entered Greece by Sea since Start-2015 - UNHCR
- » Russia, U.S. Military Discuss Safety of Air Crews Operating in Syria
"Anyone who is threatening the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine will be affected by the restrictions"---
USA officials show themselves idiots once again. They de facto ensured the Coup d'Etat, they heavily supported and support now that ILLEGAL SCUM which captured power in Kiev, and they speak now about "sovereignty and territorial integrity......Kosovo, USA geopolitical idiots, Kosovo, remember?