New Europe Bridge Increased Bulgaria-Romania Turnover
The New Europe Bridge, previously known as the Danube Bridge 2, has increased commodity turnover between Bulgaria and Romania.
Bilateral trade between the two countries now exceeds EUR 3B. Romanian export to Bulgaria grew by 9%, and Bulgarian export increased by 6%, Romanian Embassy counselor Victor Dediu revealed Thursday, Bulgarian Standard News reports.
Owing to the New Europe Bridge, Romania has become Bulgaria's third largest trade partner after Germany and Italy.
9,000 cars, buses and trucks pass the bridge weekly, the bridge's management company reports. Since its opening on June 14 2012, it has served more than 300 000 vehicles.
- » Bulgaria’s R&D Spending Up but Still Way Below EU Average
- » Bulgarian Energy Commission Postpones Price Increase Decision
- » 3 Bulgarian Transport Infrastructure Projects to Get Funding under Connecting Europe Facility
- » Bulgaria Advises Travellers to Carry Enough Cash During Greece's Bank Holiday
- » Westinghouse-led Group Wins EU Funding to Diversify Nuclear Fuel Supply to VVER Reactors
- » Bulgarians Completed More Trips Abroad in May