New Europe Bridge Increased Bulgaria-Romania Turnover
The New Europe Bridge, previously known as the Danube Bridge 2, has increased commodity turnover between Bulgaria and Romania.
Bilateral trade between the two countries now exceeds EUR 3B. Romanian export to Bulgaria grew by 9%, and Bulgarian export increased by 6%, Romanian Embassy counselor Victor Dediu revealed Thursday, Bulgarian Standard News reports.
Owing to the New Europe Bridge, Romania has become Bulgaria's third largest trade partner after Germany and Italy.
9,000 cars, buses and trucks pass the bridge weekly, the bridge's management company reports. Since its opening on June 14 2012, it has served more than 300 000 vehicles.
- » Azerbaijan, Bulgaria Agree on Gas Deliveries from 2020
- » Bulgaria to Study Options for Azerbaijani Gas Supplies - Energy Min
- » Turkey to Complete Wall with Syria in 5 Months
- » Bulgaria Doesn't Appeal Arbitration Ruling over Atomstroyexport Debt
- » IAEA, EBRD Officials among Speakers at Nuclear Decommissioning Conference in Sofia
- » Bulgaria EconMin Visiting Azerbaijan on Thursday, Friday