New Europe Bridge Increased Bulgaria-Romania Turnover
The New Europe Bridge, previously known as the Danube Bridge 2, has increased commodity turnover between Bulgaria and Romania.
Bilateral trade between the two countries now exceeds EUR 3B. Romanian export to Bulgaria grew by 9%, and Bulgarian export increased by 6%, Romanian Embassy counselor Victor Dediu revealed Thursday, Bulgarian Standard News reports.
Owing to the New Europe Bridge, Romania has become Bulgaria's third largest trade partner after Germany and Italy.
9,000 cars, buses and trucks pass the bridge weekly, the bridge's management company reports. Since its opening on June 14 2012, it has served more than 300 000 vehicles.
- » Bulgarian Industrial Assoc. Hints at Negative GDP Growth by end-2014
- » Undercover Taxmen in Swimsuits Patrol Bulgaria's Black Sea Coast
- » Bulgarian Socialist Party Returns Mandate
- » Bulgaria Has Lowest Energy Security Rate in EU - NGO
- » Bulgaria's Energy Sector Most Vulnerable Among 75 Countries
- » Bulgaria's Fina-S Investment Intermediary Terminates Activities