USS Truxtun Sails In the Black Sea for Exercises with Bulgaria's Navy
The U.S. guided-missile destroyer Truxtun is bound for the Black Sea for military exercises with Bulgarian and Romanian naval forces.
According to the US military publication Stars and Stripes, the ship departed from Greece early Thursday and its visit is unrelated to the current events in Ukraine.
“Truxtun’s operations in the Black Sea were scheduled well in advance of her departure from the U.S.,” said Lt. Shaun Eklund, spokesman of the U.S. Naval Forces Europe-Africa in Naples.
Earlier today various media reported that a US warship passed through the Bosphorus en route to the Black Sea.
- » American Warships Entered the Black Sea
- » PM Borisov Wants Cheaper Aircraft and Tanks from the United States
- » PM: The North Atlantic Treaty Remains the Main Guarantor For the Collective Defense of European Allies
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: Security and Defense Are a Global Problem
- » Borisov: There is no Better Protected Border than the One Between Bulgaria and Turkey
- » The United States will Transfer Military Equipment Worth USD 1.3 billion to Europe