USS Truxtun Sails In the Black Sea for Exercises with Bulgaria's Navy
The U.S. guided-missile destroyer Truxtun is bound for the Black Sea for military exercises with Bulgarian and Romanian naval forces.
According to the US military publication Stars and Stripes, the ship departed from Greece early Thursday and its visit is unrelated to the current events in Ukraine.
“Truxtun’s operations in the Black Sea were scheduled well in advance of her departure from the U.S.,” said Lt. Shaun Eklund, spokesman of the U.S. Naval Forces Europe-Africa in Naples.
Earlier today various media reported that a US warship passed through the Bosphorus en route to the Black Sea.
- » Vice Admiral Eftimov: No Increased NATO Presence in Black Sea Region
- » Bulgaria's Radev: NATO Exercises in Black Sea No Threat To Tourism
- » Bulgaria's DefMin Calls for Debate on Military Spending
- » Bulgaria Under No Obligation To Increase Defence Budget
- » Europeans in NATO To Buy Aircraft, Submarines Jointly
- » Bulgaria's Defense Ministry Denies Having Signed MiG-29 Repair Contract