USS Truxtun Sails In the Black Sea for Exercises with Bulgaria's Navy
The U.S. guided-missile destroyer Truxtun is bound for the Black Sea for military exercises with Bulgarian and Romanian naval forces.
According to the US military publication Stars and Stripes, the ship departed from Greece early Thursday and its visit is unrelated to the current events in Ukraine.
“Truxtun’s operations in the Black Sea were scheduled well in advance of her departure from the U.S.,” said Lt. Shaun Eklund, spokesman of the U.S. Naval Forces Europe-Africa in Naples.
Earlier today various media reported that a US warship passed through the Bosphorus en route to the Black Sea.
- » NATO Deploys Ships to Black Sea for Training with Bulgarian Navy
- » Border Police Allocates BGN 1.37M to New Vehicles to Counteract Refugee Wave
- » Pakistan 'to Table Own Fighters Offer' to Bulgaria
- » NATO to Station Ship Command Centre near Bulgaria's Varna
- » Bulgaria Defense Ministry 'to Lay Off 4600' over Budget Shortfall
- » 7306 Bulgarian Military Reservists Summoned Since Start of 2015