Bulgaria’s Pironkova Suffers 1st Round Loss in Indian Wells
Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova suffered a rough defeat in the first round of the tennis tournament in Indian Wells.
Pironkova lost 2:6, 1:6 to USA's Madison Keys in a match which lasted only 53 minutes. This was the first meeting between the two players.
Keys will face Italian Roberta Vinci in the second round.
Pironkova had made a considerable improvement over the past months, climbing over 50 positions in the WTA rankings, to reach 46th. In January, she won her first major title at the Apia International in Sydney.
- » Bulgaria's Litex Sells Colombian Striker for EUR 1.6 M to Chinese Team
- » Bad Weather Postpones Super Giant Slalom in Bulgaria's Bansko
- » Bulgaria's Karatancheva Qualifies for Acapulco Semifinals
- » Bulgaria's Bansko Bans Operating Drones During Ski World Cup
- » Bulgarian Striker Dimitar Berbatov Scores for Monaco's Convincing Win
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Suffers Heavy Defeat in Acapulco