Bulgaria’s Pironkova Suffers 1st Round Loss in Indian Wells
Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova suffered a rough defeat in the first round of the tennis tournament in Indian Wells.
Pironkova lost 2:6, 1:6 to USA's Madison Keys in a match which lasted only 53 minutes. This was the first meeting between the two players.
Keys will face Italian Roberta Vinci in the second round.
Pironkova had made a considerable improvement over the past months, climbing over 50 positions in the WTA rankings, to reach 46th. In January, she won her first major title at the Apia International in Sydney.
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov 'Could Replace Coach'
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Suffers Heavy Defeat in Monte Carlo
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Overwhelmingly Defeats Wawrinka in Monte Carlo
- » Bulgarian Elected as Vice President of European Athletics
- » Bulgaria Climbs Four Positions in FIFA World Ranking
- » Bulgarian Olympic Committee Adopts BGN 3.45 M Budget for 2015