Bulgaria’s Pironkova Suffers 1st Round Loss in Indian Wells
Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova suffered a rough defeat in the first round of the tennis tournament in Indian Wells.
Pironkova lost 2:6, 1:6 to USA's Madison Keys in a match which lasted only 53 minutes. This was the first meeting between the two players.
Keys will face Italian Roberta Vinci in the second round.
Pironkova had made a considerable improvement over the past months, climbing over 50 positions in the WTA rankings, to reach 46th. In January, she won her first major title at the Apia International in Sydney.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Beats Verdasco in First China Open Match
- » Bulgaria’s Women’s Volleyball Team Defeats Canada at World Championship
- » Grigor Dimitrov Eyes ATP Finals in London This Season
- » Bulgaria Wins Gold at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Championship
- » Bulgaria's Pironkova Starts China Open with Victory
- » First Official Soapbox Competition To Take Place In Bulgaria