Bulgaria’s Pironkova Suffers 1st Round Loss in Indian Wells
Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova suffered a rough defeat in the first round of the tennis tournament in Indian Wells.
Pironkova lost 2:6, 1:6 to USA's Madison Keys in a match which lasted only 53 minutes. This was the first meeting between the two players.
Keys will face Italian Roberta Vinci in the second round.
Pironkova had made a considerable improvement over the past months, climbing over 50 positions in the WTA rankings, to reach 46th. In January, she won her first major title at the Apia International in Sydney.
- » Bulgaria's Ex Volleyball Coach Takes Over Iran's National Team
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Reaches Australian Open Quarter-Finals
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Defeats Gasquet in 3rd Round of Australian Open
- » Grigor Dimitrov Qualifies for Australian Open's 3rd Round
- » Grigor Dimitrov Makes It Past 1st Round at Australian Open
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov to Face World's No 231 in 1st Australian Open Game