Masked Man Releases Swarm of Butterflies in Bulgaria's Parliament
A masked man released a swarm of big colorful butterflies in the Parliament building in Sofia Thursday at noon.
The peculiar event happened just before the lunch break of MPs, according to reports of the BGNES news agency.
The man, who wore a Spiderman mask on his face, released butterflies from four boxes in the western part of the Parliament building, leaving MPs and journalists bewildered.
He headed for the exit of the building, seeking to escape, but was detained by officials of the National Security Service (NSO).
No conclusive information about the purpose of the performance and the motives have been provided.
Media representatives have called on environmentalists to come to Parliament to collect the precious species of butterflies.
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Discover Ancient Town Hall near Petrich
- » SE Europe's Largest Observatory Facing Closure over Lack of Funding
- » Varna to Host 11th World Animated Film Festival
- » Bulgaria Gov't Mulls Changing Falcon Plane after Failure
- » Gov't Airplane Carrying PM on Board Performs Emergency Landing at Varna Airport
- » Music, Dance Performances Close 2015 Edition of Sofia Breathes Festival