EU Freezes Bank Accounts of Ex-government Officials of Ukraine
The EU freezes the bank accounts of 18 former government officials of Ukraine as of Thursday.
The list of names is not officially announced, but among them are the ousted president Viktor Yanukovich, his two sons, the former chief prosecutor Victor Pshonka, interior minister Vitalii Zaharenko, justice minister Olga Lukash and heads of Yanukovich's administration.
The current Ukrainian prime minister Arsenii Yatsenyuk accused Yanukovich of stealing USD 70 B and emptying the state coffers.
The bank accounts of Yanukovich, his son Olexandr and 25 other people were already blocked in Austria, Lichtenstein and Switzerland.
The USA and Canada banned Ukrainian government officials and other persons responsible for the deaths of protestors from travelling to the two countries.
- » Erdogan Ordered the Infidelity to be Forbidden by Law
- » Macron is Planning Tougher Rules on Asylum in France
- » Greece-Macedonia Name Row Edging Towards Solution, Says Merkel
- » Artificial Intelligence may Fall into Bad Hands
- » American Woman is Suing Twitter, Facebook and Google
- » US Police Prevented Another Mass Murder at School