EU Freezes Bank Accounts of Ex-government Officials of Ukraine
The EU freezes the bank accounts of 18 former government officials of Ukraine as of Thursday.
The list of names is not officially announced, but among them are the ousted president Viktor Yanukovich, his two sons, the former chief prosecutor Victor Pshonka, interior minister Vitalii Zaharenko, justice minister Olga Lukash and heads of Yanukovich's administration.
The current Ukrainian prime minister Arsenii Yatsenyuk accused Yanukovich of stealing USD 70 B and emptying the state coffers.
The bank accounts of Yanukovich, his son Olexandr and 25 other people were already blocked in Austria, Lichtenstein and Switzerland.
The USA and Canada banned Ukrainian government officials and other persons responsible for the deaths of protestors from travelling to the two countries.
- » US Calls for Greek Reforms as Athens Nears Energy Deal with Russia
- » Over 10,000 African Migrants Fled to Italy This Week
- » Kosovo FM to Attend Belgrade Conference, Risks Being Arrested
- » Julian Assange to Be Interrogated by Swedish Prosecutors in London
- » UN Calls for Immediate Ceasefire in Yemen as Special Adviser Resigns
- » Another Ukrainian Journalist Found Dead, Murder Suspected