EU Freezes Bank Accounts of Ex-government Officials of Ukraine
The EU freezes the bank accounts of 18 former government officials of Ukraine as of Thursday.
The list of names is not officially announced, but among them are the ousted president Viktor Yanukovich, his two sons, the former chief prosecutor Victor Pshonka, interior minister Vitalii Zaharenko, justice minister Olga Lukash and heads of Yanukovich's administration.
The current Ukrainian prime minister Arsenii Yatsenyuk accused Yanukovich of stealing USD 70 B and emptying the state coffers.
The bank accounts of Yanukovich, his son Olexandr and 25 other people were already blocked in Austria, Lichtenstein and Switzerland.
The USA and Canada banned Ukrainian government officials and other persons responsible for the deaths of protestors from travelling to the two countries.
- » Spain's Top Court Halts Catalan Independence Referendum
- » Turkish MPs to Decide on Green Light to Syria, Iraq Intervention
- » Caspian Sea Countries Adopt Cooperation Agreement
- » EU-IMF Troika Returs to Greece for Final Audit
- » Afghanistan's New President Sworn In
- » Ukraine-EU Association Agreement to Be Enforced in 2016