Bulgaria Beats Belarus 2:1 in Friendly Match
The Bulgarian national team won its first match for 2014, beating Belarus 2:1 in a friendly in Sofia.
The home side was the better throughout most of the game, which was played in front of a nearly empty stadium and rather low-paced.
Georgi Milanov, who plays for CSKA Moscow, opened the scoring with a volley shot from a corner kick in the 14th minute.
Substitute Vladimir Gadzhev scored a header for 2:0 in the 66th minute, while Krivets pulled one back for the away team, with only 4 minutes left on the clock.
The friendly match was a chance for coach Lyuboslav Penev to try some of his less experienced players. It was also a debut for striker Andrey Galabinov, who has been making a name recently in Italian second division team Avellino.
- » Bulgaria to Host ATP 250 Tournament in Sofia in February 2016
- » Sofia City Court Upholds Insolvency of CSKA Football Club
- » Bulgaria Drops Ten Positions to 78th Place in FIFA Ranking
- » Bulgarian Becomes First Vegan to Ascend Eighth Highest Peak in World
- » Boyan Petrov Becomes First Bulgarian to Ascend Eighth Highest Peak in World
- » Bulgaria's Ivelin Popov Voted Best Player in Russian Premier League for September