Bulgaria Beats Belarus 2:1 in Friendly Match
The Bulgarian national team won its first match for 2014, beating Belarus 2:1 in a friendly in Sofia.
The home side was the better throughout most of the game, which was played in front of a nearly empty stadium and rather low-paced.
Georgi Milanov, who plays for CSKA Moscow, opened the scoring with a volley shot from a corner kick in the 14th minute.
Substitute Vladimir Gadzhev scored a header for 2:0 in the 66th minute, while Krivets pulled one back for the away team, with only 4 minutes left on the clock.
The friendly match was a chance for coach Lyuboslav Penev to try some of his less experienced players. It was also a debut for striker Andrey Galabinov, who has been making a name recently in Italian second division team Avellino.
- » Ludogorets Tied 2:2 with PSG, Qualifying for Europa League
- » Kubrat Pulev Triumphs over Simon Peter, Grabbing WBA Boxing Belt
- » Bulgaria's CSKA Pledges Donation to Family of Chapecoense Plane Crash Victim
- » Bulgaria's Pulev to Face Samuel Peter for WBA Boxing Title on Saturday
- » Sofia to Host European Homeless Cup Next Year
- » Former Bayern Munich President Gets Re-elected