Bulgaria Beats Belarus 2:1 in Friendly Match
The Bulgarian national team won its first match for 2014, beating Belarus 2:1 in a friendly in Sofia.
The home side was the better throughout most of the game, which was played in front of a nearly empty stadium and rather low-paced.
Georgi Milanov, who plays for CSKA Moscow, opened the scoring with a volley shot from a corner kick in the 14th minute.
Substitute Vladimir Gadzhev scored a header for 2:0 in the 66th minute, while Krivets pulled one back for the away team, with only 4 minutes left on the clock.
The friendly match was a chance for coach Lyuboslav Penev to try some of his less experienced players. It was also a debut for striker Andrey Galabinov, who has been making a name recently in Italian second division team Avellino.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Has Achieved a Historic Success
- » Bulgarian Best Tennis Player Grigor Dimitrov Reaches the Semi-Finals in Cincinnati Tournament
- » Bulgaria Will Host 2 Tournaments of the New World Volleyball Championship in 2018
- » Grigor Dimitrov Wins Against Juan Matin del Porto in Cincinnati
- » The Municipality of Burgas is Working on the Rescue of Local Football
- » Dimitar Berbatov will Join a Former Teammate and Coach in India