Bulgarian Stoichkov Enters Daily Mail ‘Top 100 World Cup Heroes’
Bulgarian football legend Hristo Stoichkov has been placed 61st in The Daily Mail's "100 World Cup Heroes" ranking.
The ranking was released on the 100 days counting down to the World Cup in Brazil this summer.
"USA 94 saw the Barcelona forward reveal his star talent to the rest of the world. Scorer of six goals – tying with Oleg Salenko for the Golden Boot – he found the back of the net in the last 16, quarter-finals and semi-finals as Bulgaria finished an unlikely fourth", The Daily Mail writes as a caption for Stoichkov's nomination.
Right behind Stoichkov, in 62nd place is current Spain star Andres Iniesta, who led his country to the 2010 World Cup title. Famous names like Toto Schillaci, Michael Laudrup, Marcel Desailly, Michael Owen, Careca, and Iker Casillas all rank behind the Bulgarian.
The top 40 have not yet been released, as The Daily Mail presents the list in portions to the readers.
- » Klitschko's Promotion Agency Sues Pulev Over Drug Allegations
- » Klitschko Hit Pulev With Force Equalling 450 Kg
- » Serbian Basketball Fan Stabbed to Death in Istanbul
- » Schumacher Paralysed - With Speech, Memory Problems
- » Bulgarian Football Union Dismisses Head Coach
- » Russian Promoter Calls Police to Investigate Klitschko's gloves