Bulgaria Has Gas For Two Months
Bulgaria has a gas reserve for two months, in case the gas deliveries through Ukraine are stopped.
Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski told the MPs that the gas supplies for Europe through Ukraine are closely monitored and so far there is no cause for concern.
“Nevertheless, we are topping up the gas reserves in the Chiren gas depot and in case of emergency they could last us about a month and a half”, Oresharski said. “When we add up our own supplies from the Galata gas filed, which cover about 10% of the country's needs, we would have reserves for two months. But the gas use must be optimised.”
- » Bulgaria Expects to Choose Builder of Gas Link to Romania in December
- » AES Bulgaria Dismisses Suggestion of Unfair Play
- » Power Distributor CEZ Bulgaria Welcomes New CEO
- » Bulgaria’s Electricity Export Up 31.7% Y/Y in Jan-Sept
- » Employers’ Associations Report Irregularities in Bulgaria’s Energy Sector to Chief Prosecutor
- » Prices of Natural Gas, Heating in Bulgaria to Decrease from October 1