Bulgaria Has Gas For Two Months
Bulgaria has a gas reserve for two months, in case the gas deliveries through Ukraine are stopped.
Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski told the MPs that the gas supplies for Europe through Ukraine are closely monitored and so far there is no cause for concern.
“Nevertheless, we are topping up the gas reserves in the Chiren gas depot and in case of emergency they could last us about a month and a half”, Oresharski said. “When we add up our own supplies from the Galata gas filed, which cover about 10% of the country's needs, we would have reserves for two months. But the gas use must be optimised.”
- » Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog Head, One Deputy Resign
- » Europe to Rely Heavily on Russian Gas Until 2020 at Least, Fitch Says
- » Bulgaria Decides to Set up Energy Board
- » NEK Hikes Power Prices For Some Companies
- » Russia Energy Minister, EU Energy Commissioner to Discuss South Stream
- » Power Rate Hike Will Not Affect Big Enterprises in Bulgaria – Expert