Bulgaria Has Gas For Two Months
Bulgaria has a gas reserve for two months, in case the gas deliveries through Ukraine are stopped.
Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski told the MPs that the gas supplies for Europe through Ukraine are closely monitored and so far there is no cause for concern.
“Nevertheless, we are topping up the gas reserves in the Chiren gas depot and in case of emergency they could last us about a month and a half”, Oresharski said. “When we add up our own supplies from the Galata gas filed, which cover about 10% of the country's needs, we would have reserves for two months. But the gas use must be optimised.”
- » Bulgaria Opens Tender for Oil/Gas Exploration in Varna Region
- » Bulgaria Reports No Change in Russian Gas Supply, Transit Volumes
- » Gazprom Suspends Gas Deliveries to Ukraine
- » French, US Companies 'Interested' in Supplying Gas to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Expects Offers for EUR 650 M Loan to Energy Holding Co. in 2-3 Weeks
- » Agreement on Bulgaria-Greece Gas Interconnector to be Signed on December 10