Bulgaria Has Gas For Two Months
Bulgaria has a gas reserve for two months, in case the gas deliveries through Ukraine are stopped.
Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski told the MPs that the gas supplies for Europe through Ukraine are closely monitored and so far there is no cause for concern.
“Nevertheless, we are topping up the gas reserves in the Chiren gas depot and in case of emergency they could last us about a month and a half”, Oresharski said. “When we add up our own supplies from the Galata gas filed, which cover about 10% of the country's needs, we would have reserves for two months. But the gas use must be optimised.”
- » Banks Refuse Loan to Bulgaria’s Bulgargaz Twice in 6 Months
- » Bulgaria’s Energy Watchdog Pledges No Power Price Hike as of January
- » Bulgarian Energy Holding Conducts Top-level Reshuffle at Several Companies
- » Russia Will Build South Stream if Europe Wants to Reduce Gas Transit Risks - Minister
- » Minister Vows Comprehensive Audit of Bulgaria’s Energy Sector
- » Construction of South Stream Underwater Section to Start December 15