Bulgaria Has Gas For Two Months
Bulgaria has a gas reserve for two months, in case the gas deliveries through Ukraine are stopped.
Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski told the MPs that the gas supplies for Europe through Ukraine are closely monitored and so far there is no cause for concern.
“Nevertheless, we are topping up the gas reserves in the Chiren gas depot and in case of emergency they could last us about a month and a half”, Oresharski said. “When we add up our own supplies from the Galata gas filed, which cover about 10% of the country's needs, we would have reserves for two months. But the gas use must be optimised.”
- » Bulgarian Energy Commission Postpones Price Increase Decision
- » Westinghouse-led Group Wins EU Funding to Diversify Nuclear Fuel Supply to VVER Reactors
- » Bulgaria to Rely on Azerbaijan for Achieving Greater Energy Diversification – President
- » Bulgaria-Greece Gas Link Has Potential to Break Russian Monopoly – FM
- » Russia Does U-Turn on Ukraine Gas Transit
- » Delaying Power Price Hike Harmful - Bulgaria Energy Min