Bulgaria Has Gas For Two Months
Bulgaria has a gas reserve for two months, in case the gas deliveries through Ukraine are stopped.
Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski told the MPs that the gas supplies for Europe through Ukraine are closely monitored and so far there is no cause for concern.
“Nevertheless, we are topping up the gas reserves in the Chiren gas depot and in case of emergency they could last us about a month and a half”, Oresharski said. “When we add up our own supplies from the Galata gas filed, which cover about 10% of the country's needs, we would have reserves for two months. But the gas use must be optimised.”
- » Anadarko to Compete with Exxon Mobil Over Bulgarian Gas, Oil Expolration
- » European Commission Urges Southeastern Europe to Build More LNG Terminals
- » Exxon Mobil Shows Interest in Black Sea Oil Exploration Opportunity
- » Bulgaria’s Kozloduy NPP Reports Profit of BGN 63.3 M for Q1, 2015
- » Bulgartransgaz to Open Bids for Interconnector Turkey –Bulgaria on May 8
- » Requests for Increasing Electricity, Heating Prices Are Unfounded – Bulgaria’s Deputy PM