Bulgaria Has Gas For Two Months
Bulgaria has a gas reserve for two months, in case the gas deliveries through Ukraine are stopped.
Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski told the MPs that the gas supplies for Europe through Ukraine are closely monitored and so far there is no cause for concern.
“Nevertheless, we are topping up the gas reserves in the Chiren gas depot and in case of emergency they could last us about a month and a half”, Oresharski said. “When we add up our own supplies from the Galata gas filed, which cover about 10% of the country's needs, we would have reserves for two months. But the gas use must be optimised.”
- » Bulgaria’s State-Owned Maritsa East 2 TPP Reported Loss of BGN 38.6 M in 2014
- » Bulgaria Backs Idea for Gas Ring with Romania, Hungary, Slovakia
- » Bulgaria May Be Connected To Turkish Stream – Energy Committee Head
- » Lukoil CEO Urges Fight against Shadow Carbon Pricing
- » Plevneliev Welcomes Upgrade of Russia’s Lukoil Bulgarian Refinery Neftochim
- » Sofia Heating Utility Fined BGN 125 000 for Abuse of Dominant Position