Bulgaria Has Gas For Two Months
Bulgaria has a gas reserve for two months, in case the gas deliveries through Ukraine are stopped.
Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski told the MPs that the gas supplies for Europe through Ukraine are closely monitored and so far there is no cause for concern.
“Nevertheless, we are topping up the gas reserves in the Chiren gas depot and in case of emergency they could last us about a month and a half”, Oresharski said. “When we add up our own supplies from the Galata gas filed, which cover about 10% of the country's needs, we would have reserves for two months. But the gas use must be optimised.”
- » Bulgarian Energy Regulator Endorses Proposed 9.97% Cut in Gas Price for Q3 2016
- » Gazprom Ready for Turkish Stream Talks after Turkish Apology
- » Bulgaria Should Host South Stream, Ex-President Says on Russia Visit
- » Bulgaria, Russia Discuss Future of Equipment Built for Scrapped Belene NPP Project
- » EC Closes 2012 Power Exports Case against Bulgaria
- » Russian Experts Skeptical on Bulgaria's Plans to Sell Reactor to Iran