Bulgaria Steps Up Border Control Because of Ukraine
Bulgaria steps up the border control because of the situation in Ukraine.
According to Bulgaria's Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev, the law enforcement agencies in Ukraine currently are not efficient enough and this could give access to weapons to criminal groups.
Yovchev said that the crisis in Ukraine is very serious.
He also said that Bulgaria starts working on a national plan for handling the eventual refugee wave from Ukraine, where lives a minority of Bessarabian Bulgarians.
“Currently the risk is not very big”, Yovchev said. “But if the conflict escalates, we could expect refugees.”
- » Russia to Boost Crimea-Based Black Sea Fleet
- » Mistral Warship for Russia 'Tied to Stance on Ukraine Crisis'
- » Bulgaria-Turkey Border Fence Completed
- » KTB 'Holds 90%' of Bulgarian Defense Industry Assets -Former DefMin
- » Greece To Spend EUR 1B on Army Modernization
- » Bulgaria 'Demands All-Weather Reconnaissance US Drones'