Bulgaria Steps Up Border Control Because of Ukraine
Bulgaria steps up the border control because of the situation in Ukraine.
According to Bulgaria's Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev, the law enforcement agencies in Ukraine currently are not efficient enough and this could give access to weapons to criminal groups.
Yovchev said that the crisis in Ukraine is very serious.
He also said that Bulgaria starts working on a national plan for handling the eventual refugee wave from Ukraine, where lives a minority of Bessarabian Bulgarians.
“Currently the risk is not very big”, Yovchev said. “But if the conflict escalates, we could expect refugees.”
- » Poland to Overhaul Six Bulgarian MiG-29 Fighter Jets by end-2016
- » Bulgaria Ready to Increase Number of Troops Assisting Border Police
- » Poland’s Defense Minister to Meet with Bulgarian Counterpart in Sofia
- » US Military Equipment Arrives to Bulgaria for Black Sea Rotational Force Training
- » Bulgarian Army Launches Tactical Training Shabla 2015
- » Bulgaria Sending Troops to Border as Migrant Arrivals to Serbia Rise