Bulgaria Steps Up Border Control Because of Ukraine
Bulgaria steps up the border control because of the situation in Ukraine.
According to Bulgaria's Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev, the law enforcement agencies in Ukraine currently are not efficient enough and this could give access to weapons to criminal groups.
Yovchev said that the crisis in Ukraine is very serious.
He also said that Bulgaria starts working on a national plan for handling the eventual refugee wave from Ukraine, where lives a minority of Bessarabian Bulgarians.
“Currently the risk is not very big”, Yovchev said. “But if the conflict escalates, we could expect refugees.”
- » MiG Repair Deal with Poland Closed, Bulgaria DefMin Says
- » Director of Bulgaria's Defence Information Service Reportedly Resigns
- » Contract on Repair of Bulgaria's MiG-29 Fighter Jets to be Ratified in Few Days
- » US 'Using Bulgaria' to Supply Arms to Ukraine
- » Bulgaria Needs New Fighter Jets - Defense Committee Head
- » Bulgaria MPs Meeting Outdoors to Discuss Air Force