Bulgaria Steps Up Border Control Because of Ukraine
Bulgaria steps up the border control because of the situation in Ukraine.
According to Bulgaria's Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev, the law enforcement agencies in Ukraine currently are not efficient enough and this could give access to weapons to criminal groups.
Yovchev said that the crisis in Ukraine is very serious.
He also said that Bulgaria starts working on a national plan for handling the eventual refugee wave from Ukraine, where lives a minority of Bessarabian Bulgarians.
“Currently the risk is not very big”, Yovchev said. “But if the conflict escalates, we could expect refugees.”
- » US Tanks Start Arriving in Poland
- » Bulgaria's Govt Proposes Vice Admiral Eftimov for Temporary Chief of Defence
- » Bulgaria's FM Dismisses Syria Arms Trade Allegations
- » Prosecution Launches Probe over 'Bulgarian Arms in Aleppo'
- » Bulgarian Arms Found in Aleppo 'Raise Questions' - Russia
- » Russia Criticises USA-Poland Agreement on Purchase of Long-Range Missiles