Bulgaria Steps Up Border Control Because of Ukraine
Bulgaria steps up the border control because of the situation in Ukraine.
According to Bulgaria's Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev, the law enforcement agencies in Ukraine currently are not efficient enough and this could give access to weapons to criminal groups.
Yovchev said that the crisis in Ukraine is very serious.
He also said that Bulgaria starts working on a national plan for handling the eventual refugee wave from Ukraine, where lives a minority of Bessarabian Bulgarians.
“Currently the risk is not very big”, Yovchev said. “But if the conflict escalates, we could expect refugees.”
- » Hristo Smolenov, Antiterrorism Expert: Europe Behaves Like Victim, Attracting Aggressors
- » Champs-Elysees car attacker was on terror watchlist
- » Minister Radev: Only 5 km left for the completion of the protection facility at the border between Bulgaria and Turkey
- » Nikolay Nenkov Named Deputy Chairman of SANS
- » Bulgarian Teams Take Part in Aerial Medical Evacuation Exercises in Germany
- » Bulgarian and Greek Special Forces Took Part in a Joint Anti-Terrorist Training Exercise