Bulgaria Steps Up Border Control Because of Ukraine
Bulgaria steps up the border control because of the situation in Ukraine.
According to Bulgaria's Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev, the law enforcement agencies in Ukraine currently are not efficient enough and this could give access to weapons to criminal groups.
Yovchev said that the crisis in Ukraine is very serious.
He also said that Bulgaria starts working on a national plan for handling the eventual refugee wave from Ukraine, where lives a minority of Bessarabian Bulgarians.
“Currently the risk is not very big”, Yovchev said. “But if the conflict escalates, we could expect refugees.”
- » Bulgaria Spent BGN 23.7 M on Its Military Aviation in 2015
- » NATO Ministers Agree to Beef up Defence Posture on Eastern Flank
- » Defence Ministers Expected to Agree on Enhanced NATO Presence in East
- » Joint Air Policing to Make Bulgaria ‘More Reliable’ NATO Ally, Def Min Says
- » Bulgarian MPs Approve Participation of Allied Aircraft in Joint Air Policing Missions
- » Bulgaria Govt Nominates Constantin Popov as Next Chief of Defense