Bulgaria Steps Up Border Control Because of Ukraine
Bulgaria steps up the border control because of the situation in Ukraine.
According to Bulgaria's Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev, the law enforcement agencies in Ukraine currently are not efficient enough and this could give access to weapons to criminal groups.
Yovchev said that the crisis in Ukraine is very serious.
He also said that Bulgaria starts working on a national plan for handling the eventual refugee wave from Ukraine, where lives a minority of Bessarabian Bulgarians.
“Currently the risk is not very big”, Yovchev said. “But if the conflict escalates, we could expect refugees.”
- » NATO Air Combat Drill Begins in Slovakia
- » Bulgaria Takes Part in Nato Exercise Ramstein Guard-8
- » Bulgaria Will Not Participate In Anti-IS Coalition
- » NATO Warships to Drop Anchor in Bulgaria's Varna
- » FT: Vision 2020 Could Be Seen as 'Distancing Bulgaria From Moscow'
- » Former Joint Forces Command Chief Appointed President's Secretary