Bulgaria Steps Up Border Control Because of Ukraine
Bulgaria steps up the border control because of the situation in Ukraine.
According to Bulgaria's Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev, the law enforcement agencies in Ukraine currently are not efficient enough and this could give access to weapons to criminal groups.
Yovchev said that the crisis in Ukraine is very serious.
He also said that Bulgaria starts working on a national plan for handling the eventual refugee wave from Ukraine, where lives a minority of Bessarabian Bulgarians.
“Currently the risk is not very big”, Yovchev said. “But if the conflict escalates, we could expect refugees.”
- » US 'Gives Ukraine Weapons via Bulgaria'
- » Baltic Region Countries Report 'Unprecedented' Russian Military Activities In Area
- » NATO 'Mulls Monitoring Mechanism for Bulgaria'
- » Bulgaria's New Fighter Jets Should Be Included in 2016 Budget - ex-Chief of Defense
- » Bulgaria's Answer To US Tanks Is 'No' – Chief Of Defence
- » Bulgaria Has Not Received Request for Deployment of NATO Tanks