Bulgaria Steps Up Border Control Because of Ukraine
Bulgaria steps up the border control because of the situation in Ukraine.
According to Bulgaria's Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev, the law enforcement agencies in Ukraine currently are not efficient enough and this could give access to weapons to criminal groups.
Yovchev said that the crisis in Ukraine is very serious.
He also said that Bulgaria starts working on a national plan for handling the eventual refugee wave from Ukraine, where lives a minority of Bessarabian Bulgarians.
“Currently the risk is not very big”, Yovchev said. “But if the conflict escalates, we could expect refugees.”
- » Bulgaria’s Armed Forces Must Be Prepared for Any Type of Threat – Foreign Minister
- » Bulgaria to Host 155-Strong US Marine Corps
- » NATO Centers in Eastern Europe to Open by End-2015
- » Bulgaria Govt to Meet on Fighter Jets Issue behind Closed Doors
- » Bulgaria Agreed to Provisional Heavy Weapons Deployment, FM Says
- » NATO DefMins to Discuss Eastern Europe Deployment