Bulgaria Steps Up Border Control Because of Ukraine
Bulgaria steps up the border control because of the situation in Ukraine.
According to Bulgaria's Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev, the law enforcement agencies in Ukraine currently are not efficient enough and this could give access to weapons to criminal groups.
Yovchev said that the crisis in Ukraine is very serious.
He also said that Bulgaria starts working on a national plan for handling the eventual refugee wave from Ukraine, where lives a minority of Bessarabian Bulgarians.
“Currently the risk is not very big”, Yovchev said. “But if the conflict escalates, we could expect refugees.”
- » Russia Refutes Bulgaria's Airspace Violation Claims
- » Bulgaria Accuses Russia of Airspace 'Provocations'
- » Bulgarian Parliament Committee Rejects Motion to Reintroduce Military Draft
- » Bulgarian PM Commends Bulgarian Military for Helping Police Protect Borders
- » Bulgaria Has Deployed 230 Troops to Border with Turkey
- » Counter-Terrorism Drills Take Place in Bulgaria's Burgas Bay