Bulgaria Steps Up Border Control Because of Ukraine
Bulgaria steps up the border control because of the situation in Ukraine.
According to Bulgaria's Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev, the law enforcement agencies in Ukraine currently are not efficient enough and this could give access to weapons to criminal groups.
Yovchev said that the crisis in Ukraine is very serious.
He also said that Bulgaria starts working on a national plan for handling the eventual refugee wave from Ukraine, where lives a minority of Bessarabian Bulgarians.
“Currently the risk is not very big”, Yovchev said. “But if the conflict escalates, we could expect refugees.”
- » Parliament Committees to Hear Bulgarian FM, DefMin
- » Bulgaria to Host Joint Military Transport Aviation Exercise with Italy, Romania
- » Brexit to Have Positive Impact on EU, Bulgaria's DefMin Says
- » Bulgaria Never Made Commitments to Participate in Black Sea Flotilla with Romania, Turkey
- » Govt to Define Bulgaria’s Position for NATO Summit
- » Bulgaria Keeps Options Open in Talks on Black Sea Exercises - FM