Bulgaria Steps Up Border Control Because of Ukraine
Bulgaria steps up the border control because of the situation in Ukraine.
According to Bulgaria's Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev, the law enforcement agencies in Ukraine currently are not efficient enough and this could give access to weapons to criminal groups.
Yovchev said that the crisis in Ukraine is very serious.
He also said that Bulgaria starts working on a national plan for handling the eventual refugee wave from Ukraine, where lives a minority of Bessarabian Bulgarians.
“Currently the risk is not very big”, Yovchev said. “But if the conflict escalates, we could expect refugees.”
- » Bulgarian MPs Demand Clarity on Fighter Jets Tender
- » Bulgaria Revises Fighter-Jet Tender Technical Specifications
- » Bulgaria Disburses Millions More for Border Fence Deterring Migrants
- » Austria Not To Send Military Staff for Border DefenceTo Bulgaria, Serbia
- » French Vessel to Drop Anchor in Varna for Joint Manoeuvres
- » Bulgaria's 31st Contingent Returns From Afghanistan