Bulgaria Steps Up Border Control Because of Ukraine
Bulgaria steps up the border control because of the situation in Ukraine.
According to Bulgaria's Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev, the law enforcement agencies in Ukraine currently are not efficient enough and this could give access to weapons to criminal groups.
Yovchev said that the crisis in Ukraine is very serious.
He also said that Bulgaria starts working on a national plan for handling the eventual refugee wave from Ukraine, where lives a minority of Bessarabian Bulgarians.
“Currently the risk is not very big”, Yovchev said. “But if the conflict escalates, we could expect refugees.”
- » NATO Plans New Eastern European Bases along Russia’s Borders
- » Defence Ministry: Bulgaria Subject To Russian Information War
- » Ukraine's Poroshenko Vows EUR 2.2 B for Arms on Independence Day
- » Bulgaria's Interim DefMin: No Jolts to Be Allowed in Intelligence
- » Defense Minister 'to Dismiss Military Intelligence Chief'
- » US Air Force F-15 Deploy to Bulgaria for Bilateral Training Event