Bulgaria Steps Up Border Control Because of Ukraine
Bulgaria steps up the border control because of the situation in Ukraine.
According to Bulgaria's Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev, the law enforcement agencies in Ukraine currently are not efficient enough and this could give access to weapons to criminal groups.
Yovchev said that the crisis in Ukraine is very serious.
He also said that Bulgaria starts working on a national plan for handling the eventual refugee wave from Ukraine, where lives a minority of Bessarabian Bulgarians.
“Currently the risk is not very big”, Yovchev said. “But if the conflict escalates, we could expect refugees.”
- » NATO Centre for Excellence in Bulgaria Granted Accreditation
- » USAF F-15s to Take Part in Military Drills in Bulgaria from April 10
- » Bulgarian Military Arms with New Unmanned Vehicles
- » Bulgaria 'Stage of Hybrid War over Ukraine,' Official Report Says
- » Novo Selo Drills in mid-April to Bring 1000 Foreign Troops to Bulgaria
- » US-led Drills Involving Bulgaria Begin in Romania