Bulgaria Steps Up Border Control Because of Ukraine
Bulgaria steps up the border control because of the situation in Ukraine.
According to Bulgaria's Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev, the law enforcement agencies in Ukraine currently are not efficient enough and this could give access to weapons to criminal groups.
Yovchev said that the crisis in Ukraine is very serious.
He also said that Bulgaria starts working on a national plan for handling the eventual refugee wave from Ukraine, where lives a minority of Bessarabian Bulgarians.
“Currently the risk is not very big”, Yovchev said. “But if the conflict escalates, we could expect refugees.”
- » Russian Inspection Group to Oversee Military Locations in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Parliament to Vote on MiG Repair Deal with Poland
- » Bulgarian MPs to Decide on Repair of MiG-29 Fighter Jets on Tuesday
- » Bulgaria to Stay Out of anti-IS Military Coalition, PM Says
- » Lay-offs at Bulgaria's DefMin to Affect Only Administration, Not Army
- » Bulgaria Parliament Committee Approves MiG Repair Deal with Poland