Bulgaria Steps Up Border Control Because of Ukraine
Bulgaria steps up the border control because of the situation in Ukraine.
According to Bulgaria's Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev, the law enforcement agencies in Ukraine currently are not efficient enough and this could give access to weapons to criminal groups.
Yovchev said that the crisis in Ukraine is very serious.
He also said that Bulgaria starts working on a national plan for handling the eventual refugee wave from Ukraine, where lives a minority of Bessarabian Bulgarians.
“Currently the risk is not very big”, Yovchev said. “But if the conflict escalates, we could expect refugees.”
- » Bulgarian Army Gets 10 US Armoured Personnel Vehicles
- » Bulgaria's Entry in New Afghanistan Mission to be Decided Wednesday
- » Bulgaria’s Air Defence Is ‘Critical Area’, Shalamanov tells BBC
- » Bulgaria to Take Part in Non-Military NATO Mission in Afghanistan
- » Bulgaria's Military 'to Demand' BGN 200 M Budget Hike for 2015
- » Two NATO Ships Enter Black Sea