Bulgaria Steps Up Border Control Because of Ukraine
Bulgaria steps up the border control because of the situation in Ukraine.
According to Bulgaria's Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev, the law enforcement agencies in Ukraine currently are not efficient enough and this could give access to weapons to criminal groups.
Yovchev said that the crisis in Ukraine is very serious.
He also said that Bulgaria starts working on a national plan for handling the eventual refugee wave from Ukraine, where lives a minority of Bessarabian Bulgarians.
“Currently the risk is not very big”, Yovchev said. “But if the conflict escalates, we could expect refugees.”
- » Bulgaria President's Security Council to Discuss Army on 27 April
- » Bulgarian Parliament Passes Bill on NATO Communications Unit
- » Chief Executive of European Defence Agency to Visit Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Marks 11 Years since NATO Accession
- » US Navy Destroyer Jason Dunham to Enter Black Sea Friday
- » NATO Centre for Excellence in Bulgaria Granted Accreditation