Bulgaria Steps Up Border Control Because of Ukraine
Bulgaria steps up the border control because of the situation in Ukraine.
According to Bulgaria's Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev, the law enforcement agencies in Ukraine currently are not efficient enough and this could give access to weapons to criminal groups.
Yovchev said that the crisis in Ukraine is very serious.
He also said that Bulgaria starts working on a national plan for handling the eventual refugee wave from Ukraine, where lives a minority of Bessarabian Bulgarians.
“Currently the risk is not very big”, Yovchev said. “But if the conflict escalates, we could expect refugees.”
- » Bulgaria's DefMin Calls for Debate on Military Spending
- » Bulgaria Under No Obligation To Increase Defence Budget
- » Europeans in NATO To Buy Aircraft, Submarines Jointly
- » Bulgaria's Defense Ministry Denies Having Signed MiG-29 Repair Contract
- » US Military To Be Deployed to Novo Selo Training Ground
- » Court Tells Election Commission to Register Barekov’s Party Under Name of His Choice