Poverty Still Number One Problem for Bulgarians - Survey
Bulgaria's most pressing problem remains the gap between poor and rich, according to Gallup International annual survey.
Some 23% of Bulgarians consider poverty and the rich-poor gap to be the country's most problematic issue, Bulgarian BGNES reports.
Following are the economic problems and the unemployment with 17% and 15%, respectively. Corruption comes fourth with 9%. Bulgarians have indicated wars and armed conflicts, as well as crime as world's most serious problems.
Gallup's End of Year Survey is a global study that collects the public's view on the challenges that the world faces today. This year it was held among 66 806 people of 65 countries representing 77% of world's population.
Corruption was ranked as world's number one problem with 21%, followed by economic challenges with 14% and poverty – 12%.
Corruption is also the most pressing problem, according to Asians – 26%, while poverty is the number one hitch for West and East Europeans – 24% and 20%, respectively.
- » Two dead, 18 injured in car accidents in last 24 hours
- » Today is the Official Start of Astronomical Summer
- » NIMH: Yellow Code for Strong Wind in 8 Regions
- » SpaceX delays Bulgaria Satellite Again, Plans 'Doubleheader'
- » Summer festival OPERA OPEN 2017 - Plovdiv
- » Dance show NEO DERVISH at the ancient theater in Plovdiv