EU to Suspend Visa Talks with Russia over Ukraine
The European Union threatens to suspend talks on the liberalization of the visa regime with Russia unless it reverses its actions in Crimea.
The measure was agreed by EU Foreign Ministers at an extraordinary meeting in Brussels on Monday, according to preliminary reports of international news agencies.
The decision is said to be part of a draft declaration to be officially published later on Monday.
The facilitation of the visa process has been on the agenda of EU-Russia talks since 2007, with Russia eager to gain visa-free access to EU countries.
- » EU to Extend Sanctions Against Russian, Ukrainian Individuals, Companies
- » Greek Authorities Detain Bulgarian Human Trafficker in Thessaloniki
- » Austrian Policemen Investigating Death of Migrants in Truck to Arrive in Bulgaria
- » Islamic State Battling Syrian Rebel Groups 10 km from Central Damascus
- » Bulgaria Hosting International Southeast European Studies Conference
- » Clashes, Grenade Explosion Take Place Outside Ukraine’s Parliament
"Putin is demanding that the Ukrainian troops swear allegiance to Russia!"---wake up, buddy, the world media work
wonders, sure, but please, do switch on Your own brain though sometimes.
"The European Union threatens to suspend talks"-----really? To suspend the suspended, that's a hocus-pocus!