EU to Suspend Visa Talks with Russia over Ukraine
The European Union threatens to suspend talks on the liberalization of the visa regime with Russia unless it reverses its actions in Crimea.
The measure was agreed by EU Foreign Ministers at an extraordinary meeting in Brussels on Monday, according to preliminary reports of international news agencies.
The decision is said to be part of a draft declaration to be officially published later on Monday.
The facilitation of the visa process has been on the agenda of EU-Russia talks since 2007, with Russia eager to gain visa-free access to EU countries.
- » Russia’s Envoy to NATO Warns of ‘Additional Precautions’ in Black Sea Area
- » Istanbul Airport Attackers Were Russian, Uzbek and Kyrgyz, Turkish Official Says
- » Death Toll Rises to 44 in Istanbul’s Ataturk Airport Terror Attack
- » Two Blasts Kill at least 27 Police Cadets in Kabul
- » Turkey Detains 13 Suspects over Istanbul Airport Attack
- » Bulgarian FM Advises Citizens Travelling to Turkey to Register Beforehand
"Putin is demanding that the Ukrainian troops swear allegiance to Russia!"---wake up, buddy, the world media work
wonders, sure, but please, do switch on Your own brain though sometimes.
"The European Union threatens to suspend talks"-----really? To suspend the suspended, that's a hocus-pocus!