EU to Suspend Visa Talks with Russia over Ukraine
The European Union threatens to suspend talks on the liberalization of the visa regime with Russia unless it reverses its actions in Crimea.
The measure was agreed by EU Foreign Ministers at an extraordinary meeting in Brussels on Monday, according to preliminary reports of international news agencies.
The decision is said to be part of a draft declaration to be officially published later on Monday.
The facilitation of the visa process has been on the agenda of EU-Russia talks since 2007, with Russia eager to gain visa-free access to EU countries.
- » Serbian Hunter Suspected of Shooting Afghan Migrant Dead near Pirot
- » Turkey Starts Military Operation in Syria to Push IS Group Back from Border
- » Montenegro’s Igor Luksic Withdraws from Race for Top UN Job
- » Migrant Arrivals by Sea in Europe in 2016 Top 269,000 - IOM
- » Athens Warns of 41,000 Migrants Ready to Go to Western Europe
- » Turkey Recalls Envoy to Vienna ‘to Revise' Ties after Austria Bans Anti-coup Rally
"Putin is demanding that the Ukrainian troops swear allegiance to Russia!"---wake up, buddy, the world media work
wonders, sure, but please, do switch on Your own brain though sometimes.
"The European Union threatens to suspend talks"-----really? To suspend the suspended, that's a hocus-pocus!