EU to Suspend Visa Talks with Russia over Ukraine
The European Union threatens to suspend talks on the liberalization of the visa regime with Russia unless it reverses its actions in Crimea.
The measure was agreed by EU Foreign Ministers at an extraordinary meeting in Brussels on Monday, according to preliminary reports of international news agencies.
The decision is said to be part of a draft declaration to be officially published later on Monday.
The facilitation of the visa process has been on the agenda of EU-Russia talks since 2007, with Russia eager to gain visa-free access to EU countries.
- » EU Says United Ireland Would Be Automatic Full Member
- » EU Leaders Negotiating Common Position On Brexit
- » Turkish Authorities Block Access to Wikipedia
- » Germany Rejects Demands to Halt Turkey's Bid to Join the European Union
- » Minimum Pension in Slovenia Reaches EUR 500
- » Angry Nationalists Storm Macedonian Parliament
"Putin is demanding that the Ukrainian troops swear allegiance to Russia!"---wake up, buddy, the world media work
wonders, sure, but please, do switch on Your own brain though sometimes.
"The European Union threatens to suspend talks"-----really? To suspend the suspended, that's a hocus-pocus!