EU to Suspend Visa Talks with Russia over Ukraine
The European Union threatens to suspend talks on the liberalization of the visa regime with Russia unless it reverses its actions in Crimea.
The measure was agreed by EU Foreign Ministers at an extraordinary meeting in Brussels on Monday, according to preliminary reports of international news agencies.
The decision is said to be part of a draft declaration to be officially published later on Monday.
The facilitation of the visa process has been on the agenda of EU-Russia talks since 2007, with Russia eager to gain visa-free access to EU countries.
- » Investigation to Confirm Whether Debris Found in Indian Ocean Part of Missing MH370
- » Russia Vetoes UN Resolution for Setting Tribunal on MH17 Disaster
- » Turkey Formally Opens Incirlik Air Base for Coalition Strikes on IS
- » Iraq Considers Turkish Airstrikes on PKK as Violation of Country's Sovereignty
- » Suspected Sabotage in Turkey Stops Oil Flow in Pipeline from Iraq
- » Turkey Conducts New Airstrikes on Suspected PKK Targets
"Putin is demanding that the Ukrainian troops swear allegiance to Russia!"---wake up, buddy, the world media work
wonders, sure, but please, do switch on Your own brain though sometimes.
"The European Union threatens to suspend talks"-----really? To suspend the suspended, that's a hocus-pocus!