EU to Suspend Visa Talks with Russia over Ukraine
The European Union threatens to suspend talks on the liberalization of the visa regime with Russia unless it reverses its actions in Crimea.
The measure was agreed by EU Foreign Ministers at an extraordinary meeting in Brussels on Monday, according to preliminary reports of international news agencies.
The decision is said to be part of a draft declaration to be officially published later on Monday.
The facilitation of the visa process has been on the agenda of EU-Russia talks since 2007, with Russia eager to gain visa-free access to EU countries.
- » Polish President Gives Green Light to Creating Joint Military Force with Lithuania, Ukraine
- » New British Royal Baby Named Charlotte Elizabeth Diana
- » Greek Debt Talks Mark Progress as Athens Reshuffles Negotiation Team
- » Romanian Economy to Register 3-4% Growth over Next Years
- » Explosion Rocks Office of Macedonia's Largest Albanian Party
- » Two Killed in Texas Shooting at anti-Islam Event
"Putin is demanding that the Ukrainian troops swear allegiance to Russia!"---wake up, buddy, the world media work
wonders, sure, but please, do switch on Your own brain though sometimes.
"The European Union threatens to suspend talks"-----really? To suspend the suspended, that's a hocus-pocus!