Ukraine Health Ministry: Protests Death Toll 95
The official death toll from the anti-government protests in Ukraine is 95, the country’s Health Ministry has revealed.
The report of the Ministry covers the period from November 30 to March 3, Interfax agency confirms.
A total of 984 people have sought medical assistance and 646 of them were hospitalized. As of Monday morning, 245 people were undergoing treatment in the capital Kiev.
The Ministry’s statement does not specify how many of the casualties were civilians and how many from the police forces.
Following the bloody events in Kiev’s Maidan Square, President Viktor Yanukovych was forced into exile in Russia, while Prime Minister Mykola Azarov and his whole cabinet resigned.
A new interim government has been put in place in Kiev, with Presidential elections scheduled for the end of May.
- » 5.4-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Rodos Island
- » Turkey Fires 87 Secret Service Employees
- » Slovakian PM Fico: Asylum Seekers Quotas Are Politically Exhausted
- » Merkel Calls For Agreements on Migrants With Tunisia, Egypt
- » Turkish Security Services Draft New List of 20,000 Suspected Gulen Supporters
- » EU To Distribute Debit Cards To Refugees in Turkey