Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Ranked Record High 16th
Bulgaria’s top tennis player Grigor Dimitrov has reached a record high 16th place in the ATP world rankings.
The 22-year-old Bulgarian won his second ATP tournament on Sunday in Acapulco, Mexico, after beating Kevin Anderson 2-1 sets.
Dimitrov jumps 6 spots in the rankings, and is technically very close to the top 10. Only 655 points separate him from 10th place Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, a gap which could be made up in the following two tournaments (Indian Wells and Miami).
The top 3 remain unchanged, with Rafael Nadal leading, ahead of Novak Djokovic and Stanislas Wawrinka.
- » John Isner Beats Grigor Dimitrov 7-6 6-2 in Miami Masters
- » Bulgarian Declared Best Libero as Zenit Wins Volleyball Champions League
- » Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov Proceeds With Ease to Third Round in Miami
- » Bulgaria Repeats Its World Cup 2014 Qualification Performance Against Italy
- » Bulgaria, Italy Tied 2:2 in EURO Qualifier
- » Bulgaria Faces Italy in Decisive EURO 2016 Qualifier