Liberation Day Ceremonies to be Held Across Bulgaria
Ceremonies in honor of Bulgaria’s Liberation Day will take place around the country on Monday.
The ceremonial raising of the Bulgarian national flag begins at 11 am at the Monument of the Unknown Warrior, before the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral.
A ceremonial change of the guard of honor in front of Bulgaria's presidency will be performed at noon sharp before the main entrance of the Presidential building.
A military roll call and fireworks are scheduled for 6:30 pm at the square in front of the Parliament building.
Thousands of Bulgarians will pay homage to the Shipka National Memorial. The Shipka peak in the central Stara Planina mountain was site to some of the most fierce and pivotal battles in the Russo-Turkish War.
Ceremonies, salutes, concerts, sports events, and laying of wreaths and flowers will be held in all major cities and in many towns across the country.
- » Water Supply to Be Cut in Some Sofia Neighborhoods on Monday
- » March to Begin with Spring-Like Temperatures after Cold Snap
- » Bulgaria's Public Radio Brings Contemporary Music Back on Air
- » Minor Quake Felt near Bulgaria's Strazhitsa
- » Bulgarian Orthodox Christians Say Sorry on Forgiveness Day
- » Jerusalem Post: A Bulgarian Love Affair with Israel