Liberation Day Ceremonies to be Held Across Bulgaria
Ceremonies in honor of Bulgaria’s Liberation Day will take place around the country on Monday.
The ceremonial raising of the Bulgarian national flag begins at 11 am at the Monument of the Unknown Warrior, before the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral.
A ceremonial change of the guard of honor in front of Bulgaria's presidency will be performed at noon sharp before the main entrance of the Presidential building.
A military roll call and fireworks are scheduled for 6:30 pm at the square in front of the Parliament building.
Thousands of Bulgarians will pay homage to the Shipka National Memorial. The Shipka peak in the central Stara Planina mountain was site to some of the most fierce and pivotal battles in the Russo-Turkish War.
Ceremonies, salutes, concerts, sports events, and laying of wreaths and flowers will be held in all major cities and in many towns across the country.
- » Expected December Temperatures Around Norm, Snow Likely For Christmas
- » Bulgaria Lacks Official Data On Correlation Air Pollution - Health
- » Forest Guard Discover Dead Immigrant Near Bulgarian-Turkish Border
- » Police Arrests 35 Illegal Immigrants in Sofia
- » Bulgaria Has Too Many Universities - Education Minister
- » Bulgaria to Build Accommodation Centres for Elderly