China Train Station Attack Leaves 33 Dead
An attack by a group of knife-wielding men at a train station in southwestern China on Saturday left at least 33 dead and 143 injured.
Of the 33 who died, four were masked assailants killed by the police, according to reports of the Xinhua news agency.
Only one attacker, a woman, was captured alive. The 10-strong group of assailants included 2 women, one was shot dead and one was detained and taken to hospital to receive treatment.
The identity of the attackers has not been conclusively identified but the incident is believed to be a terror attack by Xinjiang separatist forces.
- » EP Approves Association With Georgia, Calls Russia to Withdraw
- » European Council Approves Juncker's EUR 315 B Investment Plan
- » Lifting of Sanctions Against Russia Dependent on Ukrainian Integrity - EU
- » EU Slaps New Sanctions on Crimea Targeting Energy, Tourism
- » High Rates, Volatile Rouble Increase Risks to Russia’s Economy, Fitch Says
- » Putin Says Russia’s Economic Woes Will Be Over in Two Years