China Train Station Attack Leaves 33 Dead
An attack by a group of knife-wielding men at a train station in southwestern China on Saturday left at least 33 dead and 143 injured.
Of the 33 who died, four were masked assailants killed by the police, according to reports of the Xinhua news agency.
Only one attacker, a woman, was captured alive. The 10-strong group of assailants included 2 women, one was shot dead and one was detained and taken to hospital to receive treatment.
The identity of the attackers has not been conclusively identified but the incident is believed to be a terror attack by Xinjiang separatist forces.
- » Turkey Waives Visas for EU Citizens, Awaits Visa-Free Travel Decision for Its Nationals
- » Merkel 'Proposed NATO Membership to Japan'
- » Die Welt: Six EU States Urge Extension of Schengen Internal Border Controls
- » Roaming Charges in EU Fall as of Saturday
- » Helicopter with Thirteen People on Board Crashes off Norway
- » Austria Adopts New Tougher Asylum Law