China Train Station Attack Leaves 33 Dead
An attack by a group of knife-wielding men at a train station in southwestern China on Saturday left at least 33 dead and 143 injured.
Of the 33 who died, four were masked assailants killed by the police, according to reports of the Xinhua news agency.
Only one attacker, a woman, was captured alive. The 10-strong group of assailants included 2 women, one was shot dead and one was detained and taken to hospital to receive treatment.
The identity of the attackers has not been conclusively identified but the incident is believed to be a terror attack by Xinjiang separatist forces.
- » EU Commission Unveils Migrant Relocation & Resettlement Plan
- » Macedonian Opposition Leader Zaev Expects Crisis Will Be Over by End-June
- » Russian Official Declares Mistral Deal Dead
- » British Queen Announces EU Referendum to Be Held Before End of 2017
- » Danish Prime Minister Calls Early General Election in June
- » NATO Chief Urges Russia to Avoid Snap Military Drills