50 Cities Wear Martenitsas To Suppport Tarnovo for Cultural Capital
More than 50 European cities will wear martenitsas in support of Bulgaria's Veliko Tarnovo bid for European Capital of Culture in 2019.
According to Veliko Tarnovo's municipal press center, the initiative “The Martenitsa – Bulgaria's Symbol In Europe” for the second year in a row popularizes the Bulgarian charm for health, good luck and fertility and the city's bid in the competition.
The one meter martenitsas, made by volunteers, will be displayed in Tarnovo's sister cities, former and future European capitals of culture and the towns in the Tarnovo region.
- » Two Bulgarians Vying for Grammy Awards
- » Northern Lights Film Festival Begins in Sofia on Wednesday
- » Bulgaria's Koprivshtitsa Festival Added to UNESCO Heritage List
- » St Nicholas Day Marked in Bulgaria on Tuesday
- » Exhibition about Lion as Symbol of Bulgarians Still Running in Bucharest
- » Theodore Ushev's Animation with Chance for Oscar Nominations 2017