50 Cities Wear Martenitsas To Suppport Tarnovo for Cultural Capital
More than 50 European cities will wear martenitsas in support of Bulgaria's Veliko Tarnovo bid for European Capital of Culture in 2019.
According to Veliko Tarnovo's municipal press center, the initiative “The Martenitsa – Bulgaria's Symbol In Europe” for the second year in a row popularizes the Bulgarian charm for health, good luck and fertility and the city's bid in the competition.
The one meter martenitsas, made by volunteers, will be displayed in Tarnovo's sister cities, former and future European capitals of culture and the towns in the Tarnovo region.
- » A Painting by Leonardo da Vinci with a New Record for the Most Expensive Artwork
- » URBAN ART FOUNDATION Will Discuss How Architecture Arises
- » Van Gogh's Insane Asylum View Sells for $81.3 Million at Auction
- » "Symbiartic" - an Ambitious Initiative Aiming to Bridge Conceptual Art and Fundamental Science
- » Amazon to Adapt J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings for Television
- » Iron Maiden will have a Concert on July 22 in Plovdiv