50 Cities Wear Martenitsas To Suppport Tarnovo for Cultural Capital
More than 50 European cities will wear martenitsas in support of Bulgaria's Veliko Tarnovo bid for European Capital of Culture in 2019.
According to Veliko Tarnovo's municipal press center, the initiative “The Martenitsa – Bulgaria's Symbol In Europe” for the second year in a row popularizes the Bulgarian charm for health, good luck and fertility and the city's bid in the competition.
The one meter martenitsas, made by volunteers, will be displayed in Tarnovo's sister cities, former and future European capitals of culture and the towns in the Tarnovo region.
- » New Fund to Raise Money for Culture in Bulgaria's Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Veliko Tarnovo to Apply for UNESCO World Heritage
- » Pink Floyd to Release New Album in October?
- » New Music Festival Takes Place in Bulgaria's Burgas
- » Opera in the Park Festival Begins in Bulgaria's Sofia
- » Cult Fantasy Author Terry Pratchett Forced To Cancel Appearance