50 Cities Wear Martenitsas To Suppport Tarnovo for Cultural Capital
More than 50 European cities will wear martenitsas in support of Bulgaria's Veliko Tarnovo bid for European Capital of Culture in 2019.
According to Veliko Tarnovo's municipal press center, the initiative “The Martenitsa – Bulgaria's Symbol In Europe” for the second year in a row popularizes the Bulgarian charm for health, good luck and fertility and the city's bid in the competition.
The one meter martenitsas, made by volunteers, will be displayed in Tarnovo's sister cities, former and future European capitals of culture and the towns in the Tarnovo region.
- » Bulgarian Orthodox Christians Honor St. Ivan Rilski
- » Photo Exhibition Of Sofia's Old Public Baths To Be Set Up
- » Sofia Comics Expo Starts In Sofia On August 15
- » International Jazz Festival Starts Friday In Bansko
- » Tenth Mozart Festival To Take Place In Pravets
- » Sofia's Dada Cultural Bar Launches Hop-On Hop-Off Bus