Sofia Monument Decorated as Martenitsa
The Mound of Brothers monument in Bulgaria's Sofia was decorated as a martenitsa on Saturday morning.
The two main statues of the communist-era monument were packed in red and white cloth to resemble the iconic Pizho and Penda - the red and white health and good luck charm Bulgarians give to each other on March 1 in celebration of the coming spring.
According to the Bulgarian channel Nova TV the project was carried out by members of the Destructive Creation artistic group, which became famous with the first painting of the Soviet Army monument in Sofia in 2011.
In the Mound of Brothers monument in the Borisova Garden in Sofia are buried 17 communist activists who died in the 1940's. It was unveiled in 1956.
- » In the Near 50-100 Years Climate in Bulgaria to Get Closer to the African One
- » British Tourist Arrested in Turkey After Attempting to Fly Home with Gold Coins Found While Snorkelling
- » The Police Scattered Protesters Against Trump with Smoke Grenades
- » Linkin Park Plan Public Event to Honor Chester Bennington
- » Typhoon Paralyzed Parts of China
- » Huge Forest Fire in the Canadian Province of British Columbia