Sofia Monument Decorated as Martenitsa
The Mound of Brothers monument in Bulgaria's Sofia was decorated as a martenitsa on Saturday morning.
The two main statues of the communist-era monument were packed in red and white cloth to resemble the iconic Pizho and Penda - the red and white health and good luck charm Bulgarians give to each other on March 1 in celebration of the coming spring.
According to the Bulgarian channel Nova TV the project was carried out by members of the Destructive Creation artistic group, which became famous with the first painting of the Soviet Army monument in Sofia in 2011.
In the Mound of Brothers monument in the Borisova Garden in Sofia are buried 17 communist activists who died in the 1940's. It was unveiled in 1956.
- » Landslide Stops Traffic in Bulgaria's Kresna Gorge
- » Dub FX to Present His Brand New Live Show in Sofia
- » Bugaria MPs Trade Punches over Claims of 'pro-US Stance'
- » Suspect Held on Murder Charge in Bulgaria's Veliko Tarnovo
- » 62 % of Bulgarians Oppose Issue of New BGN 16 B Debt – Survey
- » CIA: Bulgarian Population is Less Than 7 Million People