Sofia Monument Decorated as Martenitsa
The Mound of Brothers monument in Bulgaria's Sofia was decorated as a martenitsa on Saturday morning.
The two main statues of the communist-era monument were packed in red and white cloth to resemble the iconic Pizho and Penda - the red and white health and good luck charm Bulgarians give to each other on March 1 in celebration of the coming spring.
According to the Bulgarian channel Nova TV the project was carried out by members of the Destructive Creation artistic group, which became famous with the first painting of the Soviet Army monument in Sofia in 2011.
In the Mound of Brothers monument in the Borisova Garden in Sofia are buried 17 communist activists who died in the 1940's. It was unveiled in 1956.
- » Archaeologists Uncover 7000-Year-Old Wall Near Provadia
- » Only 19 Refugees in Bulgaria Have Managed to Find Jobs in 4 Months
- » Archaeologists Uncover Church Treasure Near Dobrich
- » Meteorologists: Winter Would Be Milder
- » Tsvetan Vasilev: KTB Recovery Turned into Mission of My Life
- » 17 Boulevards, Streets in Sofia to Be Repaired under Projects worth BGN 100 M