Bulgaria’s Plevneliev Presents Book on Ex President Term of Office
Bulgaria’s President Rosen Plevneliev will present a book dedicated to the political career of his colleague Petar Stoyanov in the city of Plovdiv, Friday.
The book, called ‘A Chronicle of a presidential term’, is published in Bulgarian and in English, and tells of all the significant events during the five -year term of former Bulgarian President Petar Stoyanov.
“This is a non-fiction book and as I wrote in the preface, the book does not ask questions and seek answers. My goal was to show President Stoynov’s great desire for Bulgaria to enter NATO and the EU, his meetings in Europe and in the US, the connections that he established,” Dimitar Raychev, the author of the book told Bulgarian National Radio.
The publication of the book was funded entirely by sponsors. Part of the funds from the sale will be donated to the Quality of life foundation involved in the treatment of children suffering from cerebral palsy.
- » Bulgaria’s Top Prosecutor to Be Able to Suspend Commercial Deals, Draft Says
- » UNHCR Urges Bulgaria to Investigate Refugee Deaths at Border with Turkey
- » Bulgaria MPs Dismiss Opposition Demand to Review Sanctions on Russia
- » MEP Claims to Have 'Co-organized' Bulgaria's Summer Protests in 2013
- » 281 Illegal Migrants Detained at Border with Romania Since Start of 2015
- » Bulgaria Unveils Plans to Increase Retirement Age, Pension Insurance Payments