Bulgaria to Amend Garbage Fee Calculation Formula as of 2015
Bulgarian Environment Minister Iskra Mihaylova has pointed out that the garbage fee will not be calculated on the basis of the tax assessment of the property as of 2015.
Mihaylova, as cited by the Bulgarian National Radio (BNR), explained that the exact method of calculating the fee was yet to be specified.
She said that the practice of 99.9% of Bulgarian municipalities of calculating the garbage fee on the basis of the tax assessment of the property would change as of 2015.
Bulgaria's Environment Minister explained that the municipalities had reached different stages of separate waste collection and therefore the formulas would be different.
She noted that the ideal option was to calculate the fee on the basis of the waste volume but explained that it was very difficult to measure it.
Mihaylova listed a range of measures to be taken to encourage municipalities to enact separate waste collection.
"Waste collection makes no sense if the waste is not utilized or processed," she declared, adding that a large amount of EU funding in the new programming period 2014-2020 would be earmarked for expensive waste treatment and composting facilities.
- » Introduction of Fingerprint Identification in Outpatient Sector Postponed
- » The Duisburg Casino in Germany Turns 10
- » Flu Peak in Bulgaria Expected in April
- » Austrian Ambassador Roland Hauser Tops Novinite.com's Personalities in the News Poll
- » World Fails to Match Levski's Ideal, Bulgarian President Says
- » Bulgaria, 3 Other NATO States 'Picked Russia to Defend Them if Threatened'