Bulgaria to Compete for European Capital of Sport Award
Bulgarian capital city of Sofia has officially applied for the European capitals of sport 2017 award.
Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova handed the application to Hugo Alonso, the European Capitals of Sport Association General secretary, Friday.The association works with the EU Commission under the White paper on sport.
“Our application for the European Capital of Sport award gives us a chance to provide more sports opportunities in the city and to attract more citizens,“ Mayor Yordanka Fandakova said.
Hugo Alonso stressed that he is honored to receive Sofia's bid for European Capital of Sports for 2017.
Sofia will compete for the prestigious title with the French city of Marseille.
- » Samuel Eto'o Confirms Participation in Stoichkov's Birthday Show
- » Bulgaria's Pamporovo Hosts European Cup Ladies' Slalom
- » Bulgarian Football Legend Hristo Stoichkov Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- » Bautista Agut Triumphs in First Edition of Sofia Open
- » Bulgaria Loses to Belgium in Fed Cup
- » Bulgarian Head of State Demonstrates Football Skills at La Bombonera Stadium