Bulgaria to Compete for European Capital of Sport Award
Bulgarian capital city of Sofia has officially applied for the European capitals of sport 2017 award.
Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova handed the application to Hugo Alonso, the European Capitals of Sport Association General secretary, Friday.The association works with the EU Commission under the White paper on sport.
“Our application for the European Capital of Sport award gives us a chance to provide more sports opportunities in the city and to attract more citizens,“ Mayor Yordanka Fandakova said.
Hugo Alonso stressed that he is honored to receive Sofia's bid for European Capital of Sports for 2017.
Sofia will compete for the prestigious title with the French city of Marseille.
- » Serie A Newcomer Signs Bulgarian Winger Aleksandar Tonev
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet Lalova-Collio Books Spot in Women’s 200m Final in Beijing
- » Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Veselin Topalov Remains Undefeated in St. Louis
- » Bulgaria’s Lalova-Collio Qualifies for Women’s 200m Semi-finals in Bejing
- » Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Veselin Topalov Retains Leadership in St. Louis
- » Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Records Second Consecutive Victory in St. Louis