Bulgaria's Unemployment Rate at 13.1%, EU28 Rate at 10.8% in Jan 2014
The euro area seasonally-adjusted unemployment rate was 12.0% in January 2014, stable since October 2013, according to Eurostat data.
The EU28 unemployment rate was 10.8% in January 2014, stable since October 2013, compared to 11.0% in January 2013.
In January 2014, Bulgaria's unemployment rate stood at 13.1%, compared to 13% in December 2013, according to Eurostat, the statistical office of the European Union.
In January 2014, there were a total of 26.231 million unemployed men and women in the EU28. At the same time, the 18 eurozone countries reported 19.175 million.
Compared with December 2013, the number of persons unemployed increased by 17 000 in both the EU28 and the euro area.
Compared with January 2013, unemployment decreased by 449 000 in the EU28, and by 67 000 in the euro area.
Among the Member States, the lowest unemployment rates were recorded in Austria (4.9%), Germany (5.0%) and Luxembourg (6.1%), and the highest in Greece (28.0% in November 2013) and Spain (25.8%).
In January 2014, 5.556 million young persons (under 25) were unemployed in the EU28, of whom 3.539 million were in the euro area.
Compared with January 2013, youth unemployment decreased by 171 000 in the EU28 and by 87 000 in the euro area.
In January 2014, the youth unemployment rate was 23.4% in the EU28 and 24.0% in the euro area, compared with 23.7% and 24.1% respectively in January 2013.
In January 2014, the lowest rates were observed in Germany (7.6%), Austria (10.5%) and the Netherlands (11.1%), and the highest in Greece (59.0% in November 2013), Spain (54.6%) and Croatia (49.8% in the fourth quarter of 2013).
- » Over 60 Cases of Pedophiles Online Uncovered So Far in 2016 in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Rakursi Gallery To Present Moonlight Reflections-Guanlan by Veliko Marinchevski
- » Roma to Make Up 1/4 of New Entries into Bulgaria's Labour Market in 2020
- » Asylum Seekers Protest in Bulgaria over Poor Conditions
- » Unique 4th Century Mosaics Discovered in Plovdiv's Large Basilica
- » Dordrecht Museum To Host Oldest Gold of Humankind Exhibition, Varna Treasure