Deposit Interest Rates Slightly Increase - BNB
Interest rates on customer deposits have recorded a minimum increase in January , according to Bulgaria’s National Bank (BNB) data.
The average annual interest rate on new BGN deposits was 3.89% , while the EUR recorded annual interest rates of 3.44% .
For comparison, in the last month of 2013 BGN deposits were negotiated with an average interest rate of 3.76% , while the EUR interest rate was 3.43%.
On an annual basis, the BNB reports a noticeable decline in interest rates. In January 2013 , deposits in BGN had an average interest rate of 4.73%, while those in EUR had rates of 4.25%.
According to the BNB, consumer loans in BGN reported the highest increase on an annual basis, with 11.52% interest rates in Jan 2013 compared to 12.12% in Jan 2014.
The business loans have recorded a slight raise in January, as the greatest interest rate growth is reported for loans over EUR 1M.
- » Bulgaria's FinMIn Foresees No Serious Impact of Brexit
- » Sofia Airport Reports 16 % Increase in Passenger Numbers in May
- » FDI in Bulgaria Drops 45% Y/Y in January-April 2016
- » Bulgaria’s C-Bank to Publish Currency Exchange Rates by 6 p.m. on Workdays
- » Average Monthly Insurable Income in Bulgaria Was BGN 740.85 in Year to April 30
- » Former PM Oresharski Warns of Possible Greek-style Debt Crisis in Bulgaria