Three Bulgarian Children Die In a Fire in Mannheim
Three Bulgarian children, aged two, three and seven died in a fire in a residential building in the German city of Mannheim.
According to the DPA news agency, the children arrived in Germany with their mother, a 26-year-old Bulgarian of Turkish origin, seven months ago.
Police says the building is inhabited by immigrants from Bulgaria, Romania and Vietnam and is located in a predominantly immigrant neighbourhood.
The initial investigation shows that the fire in the two-room apartment started in the kitchen early on Thursday morning.
Neighbours broke the door and took out the mother and two of the children who were rushed to the hospital.
The two children, however, died from inhaling toxic smoke.The youngest child was later found dead in the burned down apartment.
The authorities don't suspect arson. The most likely cause was a faulty electrical appliance.
- » Turkey Reportedly Threatened to Open to Migrants Its Border with EU
- » Bulgaria FM: EU 'to Launch Proceedings' against Greece over Border Blockade
- » Greece Giving 'No Information' on Border Blockade Hours
- » Canada to Stop Bombing IS, Stepping Up Training of Local Troops
- » Russia Detains Suspected IS Cell Plotting Attacks in Moscow, St. Petersburg
- » Ilinden Crossing on Bulgaria-Greece Border Expected to Reopen at 10 p.m. Monday