Bulgaria's Burgas Seaport To Become Hub for Cruise Ships
The passenger terminal of the port of Bulgaria's city of Burgas will become a departure and return port of the cruise company Pullmantur Cruise, starting in 2015.
The port of Burgas, whose passenger terminal was renovated last year, has the capacity for the largest cruise ships in the Black Sea, but currently it is only a brief stop along their routes.
According to the executive director of the Burgas seaport, Nikolai Tishev, the new development will double the number of passengers through the terminal and will bring serious growth to the tourist sector.
In 2013 in the port called 55 cruise ships with 27 000 passenger, while for are already planned 59 visits.
- » Network of Electric Bicycles to Connect Bulgaria, Romania
- » Competition for New Tourist Logo of Bulgaria Fails to Select Winner
- » Over 100 000 Romanians Expected to Visit Bulgaria over Easter Holiday
- » Bulgarian Truckers’ Plans to Close Border with Greece Threaten Losses for Tour Operators
- » Bulgaria’s Sunny Beach Tops Bargain Destinations for UK Tourists in Europe - Survey
- » Seven Entries Compete to Become Bulgaria's New Tourist Logo