Bulgaria's Burgas Seaport To Become Hub for Cruise Ships
The passenger terminal of the port of Bulgaria's city of Burgas will become a departure and return port of the cruise company Pullmantur Cruise, starting in 2015.
The port of Burgas, whose passenger terminal was renovated last year, has the capacity for the largest cruise ships in the Black Sea, but currently it is only a brief stop along their routes.
According to the executive director of the Burgas seaport, Nikolai Tishev, the new development will double the number of passengers through the terminal and will bring serious growth to the tourist sector.
In 2013 in the port called 55 cruise ships with 27 000 passenger, while for are already planned 59 visits.
- » Tourism Minister Expects 1.5 Million Russians to Visit Bulgaria in 2016
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad, Visits of Foreign Residents Rise in October
- » Bulgarian Tourism Industry Feels Modestly Optimistic about Winter Season
- » Go2Balkans Conference to Look for Joint Tourism Promotion in SE Europe
- » Ukraine’s Wind Rose to Start Regular Flights from Kiev to Bulgaria’s Sofia
- » Bulgaria Aims to Boost Brand Awareness of Its Tourism Sector