Bulgaria's Burgas Seaport To Become Hub for Cruise Ships
The passenger terminal of the port of Bulgaria's city of Burgas will become a departure and return port of the cruise company Pullmantur Cruise, starting in 2015.
The port of Burgas, whose passenger terminal was renovated last year, has the capacity for the largest cruise ships in the Black Sea, but currently it is only a brief stop along their routes.
According to the executive director of the Burgas seaport, Nikolai Tishev, the new development will double the number of passengers through the terminal and will bring serious growth to the tourist sector.
In 2013 in the port called 55 cruise ships with 27 000 passenger, while for are already planned 59 visits.
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Record 16.5 % Increase in July
- » Tourist Trips by Bulgarians Drop 5.1% Y/Y in Q2 2015
- » Bulgaria Luring Russian Tourists with Low Prices, Eased Visa Rules
- » Black Sea Tourism Businesses Announce Major Drop in Holiday Prices
- » Bulgaria 'among Young Romanians' Most Preferred Holiday Places'
- » Bulgaria Tourism Minister Slams at Umbrella, Deck Chair Prices