Greek Company to Build Large Dairy Farm near Bulgaria's Kardzhali
Greek investors are looking to build a large dairy farm near the southern city of Karzdhali, according to Kardzhali Mayor Hasan Azis.
The investors have expressed interest in a municipally-owned or state-owned plot of 2000 decares, which will mainly be used as a pasture for the cows and for building industrial facilities.
The local authorities have provided the requested information and are expecting a reply from the Greek company, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio (BNR).
The amount of the potential investment is unclear.
The dairy farm project is the first case of expression of serious investment intention of a Greek company in the Kardzhali municipality after the opening of the new Makaza border crossing point on the Bulgarian-Greek border in September 2013.
- » Bulgaria's Fibank Repays BGN 1.2 B State Aid
- » EU Commission Backs Construction of Bulgaria's "Balkan" Gas Hub
- » EU Energy Commissioner to Arrive on Two-Day Visit to Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Parliament Endorses Plans to Aid Indebted Local Governments
- » Bulgaria’s 2015 Arms Exports Top EUR 640 M, Up 50% Y/Y
- » Bulgaria’s Services Turnover Index Picks up 8% Y/Y in Q1 2016